What Grows in Winter

vwl

I've started to read What Grows In Winter, and it's a captivating story. Now I wish i hadn't starting reading because it isn't finished yet, although the author is posting every few days,

This is a story that you will all enjoy. The characters are real. the ploy has elements leading to future conflict that the author seems to be setting up perfectly.

This is a story that you will want to read more of.

I've started to read What Grows In Winter, and it's a captivating story. Now I wish i hadn't starting reading because it isn't finished yet, although the author is posting every few days,

This is a story that you will all enjoy. The characters are real. the ploy has elements leading to future conflict that the author seems to be setting up perfectly.

This is a story that you will want to read more of.

I'm caught up with the story now and totally agree!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A delightful story, something I have come to expect from J.J., and something he says in the very first chapter rings true throughout.

"Why are you being so nice to me?"

Isn't that the ultimate question? It sets the stage for all the rest. The desperate words of an abused young man who cannot understand why a total stranger could be treating him with human kindness. It is the saddest line an author could ever pen and it is horrible that it ever has to be asked.

Like J.J., I have posed that question in several of my stories because it speaks to the depravity of those who cannot love their gay children. Every human life is valuable and it makes me angry to see that challenged by abusive parents, either in a fictional story or in the terribly real news.

The best part about asking that question at the beginning of a story is that it allows the author to imbed the answer throughout the plot. All characters need motivation and I can see J.J. uses this well to further those goals. Well worth the read, as always.