Duck Dynasty: Another Reason to Avoid Reality TV

The Pecman

Very interesting synopsis. About the only area here I'd pick at is the statement that America's education system isn't broken. That's certainly true for the majority. It isn't true for the minorities -- both minority populations and the minority of schools that serve those populations.

We have a huge problem in LA with multicultural students. A vast number speak Spanish at home and are only marginally literate in English, or have no English at all. Too, the number of immigrants from other countries keeps rising. They bring their kids here, of course, and the kids are thrown into public schools that are unprepared to handle them. They, all these kids, simply get put in standard classrooms which, here, after 3rd grade, usually number 35 students, the legal max. When you're trying to get through to 35 11- and 12- year-olds whose greatest abilities are wiggling and distracting, you really don't have time to teach the kids who don't understand what the words you're saying mean. And this happens day in and day out in LA schools.

Then the test scores are low, and so they fire the teachers and principals.

So I disagree that the education system here ain't broke. A lot of it isn't, sure. Some of it is.

C

Was I right or what!?

I'm thinking that this is a publicity stunt by the duck people.

They may look stupid but they've got 400 million dollars that says they aren't.

Duck Commander, the man at the center of this has a Masters degree and is a lay minister.

Their fans are livid and there are significantly more than a shitload of them.

If they aren't on A&E, they will be somewhere.

I know, this subject is getting old. You might think that before putting together a multi-million dollar venture of a reality show that a network might do a little research on the people involved. But A & E would probably have put together a "family" show staring Charles Manson if it would bring in the big bucks. Phil Robertson is more than just a casual bigot and his rants from the past should not be forgiven:

http://www.mediaite.com/online/video-phil-robertson-explains-what-will-do-the-muslims-in-and-the-chinese/