Downloading stories and novels

Torsten

Or, more dramatically, one twin then falls in love with someone else, and the twin left in the lurch can respond to the betrayal in any of several ways.

Hmmm, if you're cheating on your twin, does that count as cheating? What if he falls in love with a woman and decides to get married?

I still like the "gets hit by a truck" angle, because the tragic aspect of it appeals to me. I've read interviews with twins where one of them died, and they were so devastated they felt like a part of them had died, almost literally like losing an arm and a leg. If this happened to teenagers, even more so.

Or how about a twin in a coma in hospital who telepathically lives his life through controlling his brother to do what he, the bro in the coma, wants.

One is gay, and the other twin straight. The choice is yours as the author.

In academe, this committee approach to writing would next lead to forming two sub-committees, one responsible for each twin's contribution, plus a committee-of-the-whole to divvy up responsibility for all secondary characters, with a schedule of meetings to last through the rest of the academic year. :laugh:

Ooh, let me get in on this:

Two twins: One straight, one gay. The gay twin is in a committed, long-term relationship with another dude. The gay twin is hit by a truck carrying a load of plot devices and dies. Throughout the grieving process, the straight twin and the gay twin's lover turn to each other for comfort, having lost someone very close to both of them. The lover starts falling for the straight twin, and is conflicted because it's like he's just replacing his deceased lover with a physical copy. The straight twin is conflicted because he feels a closeness and a connection with the lover, but doesn't share the romantic/sexual feelings. Plot, plot, plot, everyone grows to understand themselves a little better, and they come to accept the tragedy and move on, either with or without one another.

Haha, this is fun. (Well, maybe not all the tears and vehicular manslaughter, but other than that...)

But to answer the main question, yes, go ahead and download any of my stories for personal use.

I am working on it, I swear! I just added another three pages today.

I'm just spitballing plot ideas. I don't plan on writing another one for a while - haha, it takes me forever to write ONE story, let alone juggling two.

Or how about a twin in a coma in hospital who telepathically lives his life through controlling his brother to do what he, the bro in the coma, wants. One is gay, and the other twin straight.

That sounds like a Stephen King story! And the non-coma twin wakes up every so often and discovers he's living two lives... including having sex with people and waking up in the bed, having no idea how he got there! That's an interesting idea.

EleCivil's plot has its roots in ancient Greece where, if a lover died or was killed, then the surviving partner married his lover's wife and cared for any children as if they were his own.

Now that's love.

EleCivil's plot has its roots in ancient Greece where, if a lover died or was killed, then the surviving partner married his lover's wife and cared for any children as if they were his own. Now that's love.

No, that's an episode of Dallas!

Yes, Cole, Lugnutz, Des, Colin et al. are all old whereas I'm really 18, just born 1934.

I've already got new corneas (by Bausch & Lomb) and see better than ever and tomorrow I get a new right knee and will be able to walk down to the shops to buy my morning paper again.

Does anyone know if Ryan Miller is all right?

Love,

Anthony

• 2 weeks later...

Ooh, let me get in on this:

Two twins: One straight, one gay. The gay twin is in a committed, long-term relationship with another dude. The gay twin is hit by a truck carrying a load of plot devices and dies.

Funniest damn thing I read all day! Thanks for that, E.C.!