Online Creative Writing Course - It's FREE

I posted about this some time ago in the News and Views forum but it occurred to me that some of you might not have looked in there so I am re-posting the information here. The Open University are running an eight week MOOC on Creative Writing at FutureLearn. The course is about characterization and it is FREE to take part. Requires about 2 to 3 hours a week. This course starts on Monday the 28th but you can still enroll for it and you can actually join the course anytime up to the third or fourth week.

As I said the course is free and the OU has a good reputation in this area. If you are interested you can find details at:

www.futurelearn.com

I've completed two courses with FutureLearn and they have both been good. Now on my third and start two more next week, this course being one of them.

Nigel

I'm on the Open University mailing list and signed up for the course when it was originally announced. It should be interesting to see how they run the course, and compare it to the non-online writing courses I took at Diablo Valley College and UC Berkeley.

Colin :icon_geek:

One problem I have had with other MOOCs, is finding a discussion group where I could discuss course issues that I felt comfortable in. It seems we have enough taking part in it to have our own discussion group here!

One problem I have had with other MOOCs, is finding a discussion group where I could discuss course issues that I felt comfortable in. It seems we have enough taking part in it to have our own discussion group here!

I'm in your discussion group, Nigel. I was wondering what would be thought about the gay-themed story I'd write. Well, I don't care what they think, but having a discussion group where we can talk about our stories is a great idea.

I'm in your discussion group, Nigel. I was wondering what would be thought about the gay-themed story I'd write. Well, I don't care what they think, but having a discussion group where we can talk about our stories is a great idea.

Actually we might well find that we can use the online discussions that take place in the MOOC to draw some other writers into AD. If they are getting a similar level of enrollment to the other MOOCs that FutureLearn have done we are looking about about 100K people starting the course, we can't be the only gay writers in there.

But I can't find the discussion group you guys mention. :huh:

I assume Nigel will create a new topic here on AD for those of us who are taking the Writing MOOC.

Nigel?