Indigo and the Cowboy by Chris James

Chris James is a writer whose work I have long admired, it was following Chris's writing that brought me to AD, and I always look forward to a new story from him. There is something about his writing which reaches into his characters and makes them live, far more than i find with other writers. In this story he has certainly brought a character to life and in such a way that I cannot wait to find out what is going to happen next.

This has all the hallmarks of being one of Chris's better pieces of writing and one I am sure is going to be well worth reading.

You can find it here:

http://awesomedude.com/chris_james/indigo-and-the-cowboy/index.htm

Just read the third chapter, this is becoming more and more interesting. I always find that Chris gives a very insightful perspective on the Native American culture.

I don't know about Chris, but I'm a little over-written. I don't seem to have had much interest in writing at the moment, and haven't for the past few months. Then, an idea will strike and I'll be back at it with enthusiasm. This current one was great fun to write, perhaps because it was outside my usual oeuvre.

I am not writing at the moment. I do have an idea, however...

C

I don't know about Chris, but I'm a little over-written. I don't seem to have had much interest in writing at the moment, and haven't for the past few months. Then, an idea will strike and I'll be back at it with enthusiasm. This current one was great fun to write, perhaps because it was outside my usual oeuvre.

I am not writing at the moment. I do have an idea, however...

C

I am not writing at the moment either, Cole....I'll wait until this afternoon.

But seriously, I do piddle around on a daily basis, especially when I have a story currently posting and I don't feel the need to write. But then I read a lot and somewhere along the line the ideas come. Perhaps nothing new but at least something that will work towards completing a current work in progress.

Everyone here is so kind to comment on the Indigo story although you have only seen three chapters...thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

This story is getting more insightful and interesting with each chapter. Chris has done a great job in giving us an insight into alternative social views and understandings.

• 1 month later...

Thoroughly enjoyed this story. The Indian and the Irishman what a love story!

Masterfully done and so well-researched, believable and historical.

A fine example of an 'AwesomeDude story.'

Thanks, Chris!

• 8 years later...

Chris James has always been one of my favourite writers on this board. One thing I particularly admired him for was his ability to write empathetic Native American characters. In Indigo and the Cowboy I think he did it at his best. It is so pleasing to see it listed in The Dude's Picks. If you have not read it in the past, now is your chance to read a great story. If you have read it in the past, you know it is worth re-reading.