One Summer in Georgia, by Cole Parker

Merkin

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Cole is having way too much fun antagonizing the readers, me included. But you can bet everyone will keep on coming back to this story until the last page is posted. Good going, Cole.

I totally agree, Cole is having far to much fun. I don't mind cliff hangers but have a feeling that Cole is also cutting away at the safety rope and any moment I'm going to find that I am not where I expected to be.

I am enjoying this but I want to point something out.

The South is famous for the Boss Hogg type sheriff however the reality of it is that they are usually very unpopular.

We had one in Warren country some years ago. He was bad news and would set you up to get busted he decided that you had a bad attitude. He owned all the drug sales in the county by busting the competition and taking a piece of the action from his cronies.

The Sheriff planted the seeds for his own destruction by honking off everybody in the county and being arrogant enough to think that it didn't matter.

By their own actions, they create a we-hate-the-sheriff society that will act against him on the sly.

The sheriff that I'm talking about the FBI got interested in him. They put a team with cameras in his next door neighbors house because the Sheriff had busted his neighbors nephew with pot one of his deputies magically found in the kids car. Everybody knew that kid had nothing to do with weed.

Sooner or later you honk off the wrong guy.

Well, that's another matter entirely. That cat obviously misunderstands its place in the social order of quadrupeds.

C

The cat perfectly understands its position cat owns human, human owns dog!

"He talked a long time. Even said some things I needed to know."

Seems like we readers can see where this is going earlier than the narrator.

More than that I cannot say without risking spoilers. I will say, though, that I was surprised at how neutral and emotionless Colt apparently was when he received certain news in this chapter.

R