They're back....SMBB

Every once in a while I run across something that catches my attention, in this case it was over four years ago when I first heard the music of the Sleepy Man Banjo Boys. Something told me to hang on, these young musicians were going places....and boy was I right.

Three brothers from New Jersey...yup, this is not some Kentucky backwoods family...who were attracted to the bluegrass sound and started playing. To be fair, they do have a bit of Christian thought in their work but that is not the message, they are in it for the fun and with any of the videos you choose on YouTube you can see just what I mean.

From strictly instrumental bluegrass music their talent has evolved and now they sing. Young voices take time to develop and it seems the time is ripe, they have a new EP with vocals on the market. You can find them on YouTube but here is a cut from that EP which shows just how far they have taken their sound from those bluegrass roots into something with modern appeal. I'm going to keep my eye on this band, you should too.

http://youtu.be/Kaz-5J9-WLY

Edit: Forgot to name this song. It's called Flesh & Bones....what a catchy name :)