WBMS Makes an Announcement

Hi Wibby... sorry that is a nick name for you I find hard to discard.

I certainly don't know what's going on in your part of the world but I think a lot of us would be disappointed if you stopped writing.

I know ADIP has been hard for you to get going to your satisfaction... I remember it as a short story... I still think it has potential and the last two chapters... were definitely moving somewhere good.

By sheer coincidence - when I put up the links on the AD home page to sites or pages hosted by our resident authors here less than 24 hours ago, I included the link to your HellBlog as I found stuff there that never made it into a poem or a story you have submitted to AD, but that would be of interest to those polishing their craft as writers.

You know that I often get discouraged when things aren't going well - but bailing out hasn't been a serious option for me just as it should't be for you.

I'd like to ask you -as a fan and a friend- to stick in there writing and to stay with us here at AwesomeDude.

Mike/dude

I think a lot of us would be disappointed if you stopped writing.

Then, sadly, a lot of people are going to be disappointed at least in the short term. The towel has already been thrown in.

As long as you WANT to write and have the WILL to write you should. But if the fire leaves you, what you write will suck. I don't want to write crap, so I stopped. My efforts at ADIP 4 were clearly inferior which is when I knew it was time to put the pencil down. After three tries, I decided what I wrote was shit and never even sent it to the proofers. I deleted it from hard drive and the attempts no longer even exist. If, as an author, you know you've written shit you have to put your pencil in the case and I have done so. All real authors here know what I mean. It's not a reflection of anyone here or anywhere but a reflection on my current mental state of being (or lack thereof -- for all your smartarses) and where life has me right now.

I included the link to your HellBlog as I found stuff there that never made it into a poem or a story you have submitted to AD, but that would be of interest to those polishing their craft as writers.

Well both the blog and myself will be around for you to punch, kick, and otherwise abuse. I am continuing to edit as well as comment on stories I read. I'm not leaving, but rather just not writing for awhile (or maybe forever, depending on how it goes).

but bailing out hasn't been a serious option for me just as it should't be for you.

I am, as they say in the TV industry, on hiatus. Most shows never return from hiatus, but some do. In fact, you call me Mr. Hiatus if you'd like :D

I'd like to ask you -as a fan and a friend- to stick in there writing and to stay with us here at AwesomeDude.

I'll be hanging around until the door hits my ass on the way out. But, writing isn't a choice. In 2006 I may reconsider, or I may not. We will have to see.

I am neither the first nor the last author to be discouraged by the lack of reaction to my work (Dog garnered a whopping TWO e-mails). But, to be perfectly honest, that wasn't the only reason.

Life moves on and so do we all....

I am, as they say in the TV industry, on hiatus. Most shows never return from hiatus, but some do. In fact, you call me Mr. Hiatus if you'd like  

OK Mr. Hiatus.

Write if you are so moved or don't write if you are not. Either way, I wish you the best in the future and whatever it holds.

Just don't disappear! Who would keep us humble?

I am, as they say in the TV industry, on hiatus. Most shows never return from hiatus, but some do. In fact, you call me Mr. Hiatus if you'd like  

OK Mr. Hiatus.

Write if you are so moved or don't write if you are not. Either way, I wish you the best in the future and whatever it holds.

Just don't disappear! Who would keep us humble?

You're a smartarse, did you know that? I like smart asses.

Seriously, thanks for the kind words.

I'll be around here for you to kick around. Too many good people (myself excluded of course) writing for our mutual enjoyment, and too many people making posts that I like to reply to.

Well, I must say I'm really sad to see you go :( You're here when I first stumbled upon Awesomedude. That and the fact that I actually wait for a sequel of Alone By Myself. Selfish me ^_^

I hope you're fine, safe and happy wherever you are :-)

With kindest and warmest regards from

Rad

Well, I must say I'm really sad to see you go  :(  You're here when I first stumbled upon Awesomedude. That and the fact that I actually wait for a sequel of Alone By Myself. Selfish me ^_^

I hope you're fine, safe and happy wherever you are  :-)

I'll be here for the immediate future. Don't hold your breath for a sequel -- that wasn't EVER in the plans though.

So Mr. Hiatus, just how old are you? :twisted: They are making it seem like you are 'over the hill'. :(

So Mr. Hiatus, just how old are you?  :twisted:  They are making it seem like you are 'over the hill'.  :(

Dude, I've been over the hill since my 20s. :D

So, I am even older now. My age is a secret but not a secret. I don't really give it out but if someone wants to know and sends me an e-mail, I'll answer the question more or less.

Q: How do you keep a turkey in suspence?

A: I'll tell you tomorrow.

What WOULD we do without WBMS to keep us humble?

Kisses...

TR

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by writebymyself:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh come on...tell us now please. The suspence is killing me!

Codey

The suspence doesn't bother me.. it is the SUSPENSE that is killing me...  :P

No one wanted to hurt Naillo's feelings.

Except you.:twisted:

Kisses...

TR

Oh my, I think I shall cry.

Away go the tears

from my brown eye.

The insults, the insults,

why do they come

into this world to make me glum?

Don't worry, don't fear,

my pride isn't here,

it left me a year ago

last year.

^^^a poor attempt, but I think i managed to pull it off....

-Naiilo

OK, I'm lost. Why is it an insult to Naiilo when all of us (with the exception of our Glorious Leader, who caught it) perpetuated the mis-spelling? I know I'm kind of dense these days and easily confused so will someone give me a clue? And hurry, the suspense is still killing me! LMAO

>note corrected spelling :-D <

Codey

OK, I'm lost. Why is it an insult to Naiilo when all of us (with the exception of our Glorious Leader, who caught it) perpetuated the mis-spelling?  I know I'm kind of dense these days and easily confused so will someone give me a clue?  And hurry, the suspense is still killing me! LMAO

>note corrected spelling :-D

Codey

Hmmm... ya' know, I'm not sure why it would be offensive, or insulting to me. My response was not serious at all, I thought it was WBMS that misspelled suspense originally. My ealier response to Trab was just to have some fun perpetuating the thread... hmmm... I think I am confused...

(o_o) > (@_@)*

-Naiilo

I thought it was WBMA that misspelled suspense originally.  

Ooooh, he's right! What sayeth the Scarab to that?

Kisses...

TR

I thought it was WBMS that misspelled suspense originally.  

Ooooh, he's right! What sayeth the Scarab to that?

Kisseth THIS, oh lovely TR :)

He sayeth he typeth like shit and woe unto the heathens who poitheth out yon shortcomings. Fie I say! FIE ON THE LOT!

WBMS slinketh off, head hung* in shame.

* Sadly, this is all that is hung :(