My view...they should just shut up

A lovely moment when a young girl confronts a street preacher:

http://www.advocate.com/politics/religion/2014/11/08/little-girl-barks-back-bible-thumping-street-preacher

And if the young man really knew his Bible he would shut the F up:

Matthew 6:6 When you pray, you are not to be like the hypocrites; for they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and on the street corners so that they may be seen by men. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full. "But you, when you pray, go into your inner room, close your door and pray to your Father who is in secret, and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you. "And when you are praying, do not use meaningless repetition as the Gentiles do, for they suppose that they will be heard for their many words.…

Enough said.

I found that a sign which reads;

"Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here"

has stopped the door knocking preachers.

Y'know.... by all rights Churches should be required to post that sign above their doors!

A friend of mine had a marvelous of dealing with Jehovah Witnesses, when they called she would say she was busy but would like to hear what they had to say, could they come back later. Once they had left she went to her library, took out a copy of the Encyclopedia of Religion and threw it into the air. Whichever religion it fell open at - provided it was not a variation on the Christian faith, she would try to convert them to. Surprisingly she was successful on a number of occasions, converting two to Buddhism, four to Islam and two each to Hinduism and Zoroastrianism, unfortunately at that point the local Jehovah Witnesses caught on and blacklisted her address, I don't think any of them have called their since which is a shame, especially as she moved out of there some forty years ago.

I have found a very effective response to the Mormon's who ask me if I know God, I assure them I talk to HER every morning and usually get HER to see my point of view.

My approach with the JW's is, when they ask if they can give me one of their tracts, is to say "No, thank you. I already know everything about religions." That rather confuses them, but they follow the script and ask me if I believe in God. I whisper, "Actually, I'm God." Now they are really confused, and I close the door and they go away. I suppose eventually they'd catch on and come up with something to say to keep me listening. But so far, so good.

The other thing is so far we haven't had any JW's here in Walnut Creek where we've moved. We did get them in Berkeley, though. That's where I played my "I'm God" trick.

Colin :icon_geek: