Hamster

Guest RBartlett

Anyway, so at that point, 5 gay boys and a bi boy. Then we got Kale and Chase and then Robin and Charlie and finally, Lucien - and Robin loves the person, not the gender.. So in the whole school, we had ten (counting Robin) and a bi guy. Then we lost Charlie. Then Alec and Sash graduated. Then we got Hamster. Cole Darby doesn't count because he's out of town. So we're at 8.

Frankly, Scarlett, I don't care about how many kids we think need to be there in order to tell stories of gay kids in Sanitaria Springs. We've had Lucien move in to town, Charlie moved in and passed away. Hamster moved in. More to come. I think some folks get wrapped up in the idea that there are all these gay kids - but really, it's that you're getting these kids stories. I don't care about writing the straight kids stories - because there are a billion and one of them out there. I wasn't to write about Robin and Lucien and any gay boys they come across. I want to ride sidecar with Alec and Sash and Kale and Chase. I want to see these gay kids growing and falling in love and if you feel like it's unrealistic because potential school pop figures might not support it...it's fiction. This is our playground to build as we see fit.

I plan to keep building.

My school averaged 400 each year, but that's different math.

Didn't need to get into the whole stats and percentages side of it... I was being entirely facetious, and probably borderline sarcastic about it.

I just happened to notice that by looking at the town on a map, you can tell it has no interest in the facts.

Was still being entirely facetious, but I guess I was taking away the beagle's bone, or stepped on his tail.

We definitely need to have more characters moving in, though.

I should find him a new random place name somewhere to write a character from, though.

Guest Dabeagle

Was still being entirely facetious, but I guess I was taking away the beagle's bone, or stepped on his tail.

It's not that at all. firstly, I don't want people discouraged about writing in their own stories because 'there are too many gays in town'. I also wanted to put in perspective for anyone who looks at SS and thinks - wow, there must be NO babies being born there! I don't think the numbers are unrealistic and, if anything, I like a town that is so accepting of characters from across the spectrum. I'm sorry if I sounded defensive - it's come up several times recently and I thought I'd express my thoughts where everyone could see them.

Well, it was all just tongue in cheek. I wasn't trying to discourage people from moving into town. I actually wish I could write my own story, here.

I just actually can't get over how lucky these guys are to find each other, even despite the statistics other guys are giving.

I also couldn't help but notice, despite Robin loving the person and not the gender, he certainly jumps in with both feet when it comes to making love with another guy. Twice, now, ha-ha. :icon_thumright: