Terrytown Tales by Cole Parker

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, I could so picture the library scene, and especially visualize the quasi-deserted upstairs stacks areas. I lived near a University library like that when I was in high school, and the stacks went up five or six stories of dimly lit metal shelving and stairs. I sometimes found myself skulking up to a remote corner of the stacks where they kept the books on homosexuality. Nobody went there, and nobody wanted to be seen going there, in the mid-1960s.

Anyway, a fun new twist in this story.

R

I obviously went to the wrong libraries. :biggrin:

And yes- Cole is right about meth.

It's very difficult to kick and has nasty side effects like destroying your teeth, decalcifying your bones and causing organ failures.

We've even seen teens and young adults with heart attacks.

A lot of people see it as a party drug and a few years later wonder why they ever touched the horrible stuff.

Thank Odin it wasn't common when I was using.

When I was in high school, the worst drugs were coffee and rarely, tobacco.

However, I can vouch for either of the two alcoves in the school library, small though they were, they seemed to give just enough room for blowing intimacy.

You should see the inserts in the newspaper down here in South Florida for all the medical equipment companies and nursing homes. You know that makes a pile of cash for the news folks...but let's not go there.

I came here to say something about Cole's story. I am reading it, not commenting yet, I will wait for the finale. Last time I started off saying things about one of his stories he took it in an entirely new direction almost immediately...I think he did it to vex me. No, I know he has the story complete before he posts and I am sure he has his own list of characters to keep track of all the twists and turns. At this point I am just a reader having fun.

Although it is generally known that Cole completes his stories before he begins to post them, what is less well known is that Cole immediately forgets that he has finished a story and consequently he continuously writes new chapters for any current story. It is a crapshoot which of many alternate chapters Cole will post on any successive week.

You guys are too funny. Luckily, I have Mike to rely on. He's not as scatterbrained as I am and posts chapters in the correct order on the correct days. Otherwise I'd probably end up like Joseph Heller. Remember Catch-22? I'd swear that he finished that book, then simply shuffled the chapters and published the thing however they end up after the shuffle. The time line was all screwy, adding to the riotous nature of the book. Tat would be me, posting chapters helter-skelter.