Terrytown Tales by Cole Parker

By the way, I'm not sure how I feel about Jordan and Micah revealing to the artist that they're the ones he saw when he was painting. I can see why it would be incredibly tempting for the boys to identify themselves, but from his perspective I think it could be very awkward. I think if the question was put to me I would advise them to keep quiet about it, and just enjoy knowing the truth about that scene.

R

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Purely a thinking to myself on this unusual story whilst awaiting completion:

I think there are two aspects of trust needed. Firstly that if an author wants to take us on an unusual journey, then we trust that he will provide us with the means to complete that journey.

Secondly, I have to trust that I can make the journey.

Only the second one is worth worrying about, because if the first fails then the work of the author has left us dangling. Of course, sometimes an author may want to leave us dangling, but I think I trust Cole to bring the journey to a significant completion.

As presented I almost stopped at chapter two because I have had so many bad experiences with multiple stories masquerading as subplots, but I continued reading because I felt that Cole wouldn't do that.

Now let's see where Cole takes us...It's quite exciting actually.

Free: the fault is, the embarrassed red-faced emoticon seems to have been bleached. He's supposed to be red, denoting my embarrassment at the plethora of praise you endowed me with. Thanks so much! I'm one of those people who never knows quite how to handle praise.

And Des, never fear. I'd never leave you hanging like that!

C

Free: the fault is, the embarrassed red-faced emoticon seems to have been bleached. He's supposed to be red, denoting my embarrassment at the plethora of praise you endowed me with. Thanks so much! I'm one of those people who never knows quite how to handle praise.

And Des, never fear. I'd never leave you hanging like that!

C

I've never objected to being hung, it's being left dangling that concerns me the most. :spank:

And now Ellery/Josh is proven to be brilliant in his reasoning abilities -- it seems like he pretty much figured it out.

Except it seems he may have been wrong about the Scowler not knowing who the woman was. Or maybe Josh's point was that the Scowler didn't know how important the woman was in the overall operation.

Something tells me there may still be some twists and turns ahead.

R

It takes twists and turns to tie off loose ends and Cole has done that magnificently here. I'd love to read more of the adventures of John, Peter, and Parrish and their wonderfully dysfunctional household, but since we all know how Cole feels about sequels I'll have to let my imagination serve. Great job, Cole. All the names on my wallchart are accounted for.

John, Peter, and Parrish and their wonderfully dysfunctional household

But it actually did function.

I'm sorry to see this one end. I guess it had to but the characters were so good, you wanted to know more about them.