My 70s Trilogy

The last piece of my 70s Trilogy posted here tonight. I suggest that it be read in order. It makes more sense that way.

That 70s Trilogy

the Place in Between

Getting to The Happily Ever After

Nightfall <<new

I hope that those of us of a certain age enjoy it.

But anyone who ever had a heart
they wouldn't turn around and break it
and anyone who ever played a part
They wouldn't turn around and hate it

-Lou Reed

I've just finished "The Place In Between" and it's one of the best stories I've ever read. The detail makes it so realistic. I can hear the bugs chirping and feel the heat of the Saturday afternoon. It brings back the memories of when I first came out and my first forays into the gay world. The boys come off as real and you care for them. This is a masterful story. I urge everyone to read it. I'm off to read the next two now. Congratulations James! Good job.

Happily Ever After was very moving. I wish I had known people like that when I was that age. I lost my father when I was young and I can relate to Randy's pain. And, the story makes me nostalgic again for the seventies, especially the music. I spent a part of my childhood in the Dallas Ft Worth area and several years later in Austin, so the story has more personal attractions for me. Another good job!

What I admire most about JamesSavik writing this thoughtful, compelling trilogy is his willingness to bare himself and lay the facts and experiences out there so that we can learn and gain insight--and perhaps, for some of us, a measure of consolation.

It is only by bearing witness in this profound way that those who come after us can realize the awful danger. Let us hope that this dreadful era in our recent history can be prevented from occurring again. It was Satayana who said 'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.'

• 11 months later...