Danish films

Without a doubt the youth oriented films in Denmark present an artistic level of thought we won't see here in the New World. Here is something without words that speaks loudly about love between boys:

https://youtu.be/SfLJjCqpv9Y

The soundtrack is by Passenger and lends a good deal of emotion to the video. Read through the expanded notes about the film which is a tragedy involving a boy's family. Neils Oplev directed this 2014 film but he his best known for The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

Much of the commentary I have found on this film screams about depictions of underage sex although there are no explicit sex scenes in the film.

Much of the commentary I have found on this film screams about depictions of underage sex although there are no explicit sex scenes in the film.

And that speaks volumes about the commentators and their wish to have something to complain about. Unless, that is, you classify a kiss on the lips as sex.

Reminds me of that Danish film I believe that dealt with this. I forget the title. They seem to have this down overseas.

You are right, Luggie.... it was You Are Not Alone" and was excellent in how it treated the love between a boarding school pupil and the young son of the headmaster,

I first saw You are Not Alone in Danish on VHS, not a subtitle in sight. Finally the film is out on DVD with subtitles and although the dialogue is terrible (I hope it's the translation) the images more than make up for that deficit. The closing moments are well worth the purchase price.

Yep... the YANA versions on torrents are all Danish only. I once saw the English subtitled version online but lost track of it. Have ordered the DVD w/subtitles for my collection.

I also watched Kapgang last night and enjoyed it immensely. The scenes with the two boys are only a small part of the story.