Papal Issues, or...The Pope is no Dope

Pope Francis is a most unusual man, and the first Jesuit to attain the title of Pope. He is about to release a lengthy Papal study on climate change which will urge Catholics to pay attention to global warming. This is a good thing and gives the Church a new focus on the issues facing humanity.

But his problems with this have just begun:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/whodunit-playing-out-as-vatican-reels-from-encyclical-leak/ar-BBldbXu?ocid=LENDHP

Just this past week the GOP came out and said the Pope ought to mind his own business and stick with religion. They even had the audacity to say that climate change is their issue to study and solve. Excuse me? These are the same global warming deniers who toss off a reluctance to address the issue "because I am no scientist."

Well the Pope has a Masters Degree in Chemistry and that qualifies him in the scientific field, he has every right to speak on the subject. Being the nice religious guy he is I doubt if the Pope will tell the Republicans to shove it...but we certainly can.

The Vatican has been in business for several thousand years. Not always at their best but they are still around. Along come the upstart Republican politicos who barely know what they are talking about, but they can count the money. I give the Pope credit for being far sighted on the issue of containing climate change and the human reason behind it.

His view might be that future generations need our attention focused on the issue now, we'll see when his study comes out. The GOP attitude is suspect. They represent big oil, rake in the campaign cash from those who would rape the planet just to fatten their bank accounts. The Pope sees the planet as a gift from God and asks us to defend it. I may be an atheist, but I see his point.

Well the Pope has a Masters Degree in Chemistry and that qualifies him in the scientific field, he has every right to speak on the subject. Being the nice religious guy he is I doubt if the Pope will tell the Republicans to shove it...but we certainly can.

From what I hear from some sources connected with the Vatican I understand this Pope can be rather blunt and forceful in his use of language at times, especially when confronted with idiots. We might hear him telling the Republicans to shove it.

And here is Jeb Bush weighing in on the Pope:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/jeb-bush-pope-francis-should-steer-clear-of-climate-issue/ar-BBleFl4?ocid=LENDHP

I don't see climate change as a political issue, especially not an American political issue. ( Does anyone remember the Kyoto Protocols we ignored?) How about we all agree that climate change is an issue of survival.

If you thought Fox News had any credibility perhaps this will dissuade you of that silly notion. I ask only this....why is concern for global warming and climate change a political issue? Many nations have their concerns on the subject and get that it is a real problem that only science can resolve. And lest we forget, the Vatican is a nation state, perhaps the smallest there is.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/18/greg-gutfeld-pope-francis_n_7616156.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592