This is absolutely disgusting

Well ISIS also supports the principle of lex talionis so maybe we should consider applying it to them. I am sure we could find some volunteers from the darker side of gay society who would like to apply the like for like principle in punishing them for their actions.

The first casualty of war is the truth.

This is not to say that the New York Times story by Rukmini Callimachi about the enslavement and rape of Yazidi women and children is not true, but perhaps the story had a higher purpose. It certainly inflamed the public against Islam and in many minds, justified a continuation of this disastrous war.

As it turns out, the Kuwait babies yanked out of incubators and left to die on the cold hospital floor was not true, but at the time, we all thought it was. The result was to gain public support for the 1991 invasion of Iraq.

The US is squeamish about putting troops on the ground so it has been carrying on checkbook offensives by hiring groups to do their bidding. From sources on the net, I have been hearing that ISIS is actually a CIA asset designed to foster chaos. Others say that this was true but they lost control.

And to be honest, I don't know what's true anymore.

New York Times reporter, Rukmini Callimachi took literary license to add color to this story.

(The fighters initially agreed and laid out a blanket, where Ms. Saleh placed her heart-shaped pendant and her gold rings, while the men left crumpled bills.)

When the US forces invaded Iraq in 2003, the resistance was limited to fighting at the borders and then it collapsed. The US army was triumphant when it rolled into Baghdad and yet, somewhere between 100,000 and some estimates as high a one million died, more than half were women and children.

"The loss of one life is a tragedy, the loss of a million, a statistic." Josef Stalin.

What has happened in Kurdistan is ugly but since when is war about following the rules, you can expect more where that came from.

This is an appeal for healthy skepticism when reading mainstream media...

Unfortunately the interpretation put on some sections of the Qu'ranic teachings by ISIS as described in the article is very accurate. It is not only in ISIS that this view is held. In recent years child sexual exploitation by members of the Islamic community in UK cities and towns has come to the public attention. Many of the men and youths who have found themselves in court in the last few months have seen nothing wrong with their actions as they believed they were supported by Islamic teachings, that because the girls were not Muslim they could be used as sexual playthings in any way the men thought.

Unfortunately the interpretation put on some sections of the Qu'ranic teachings by ISIS as described in the article is very accurate. It is not only in ISIS that this view is held. In recent years child sexual exploitation by members of the Islamic community in UK cities and towns has come to the public attention. Many of the men and youths who have found themselves in court in the last few months have seen nothing wrong with their actions as they believed they were supported by Islamic teachings, that because the girls were not Muslim they could be used as sexual playthings in any way the men thought.

Being an atheist, I consider it all barbaric nonsense.

Being an atheist, I consider it all barbaric nonsense.

It may be barbaric nonsense and it is certainly theologically unsound, however, unless we can understand the thinking of these people we can never counter that thinking. That only leave two choices, either we destroy them or allow them to destroy us. I find neither alternative desirable.

How can any thinking, mature person feel it's perfectly all right to rape children? How is that possible? If his religion preaches it is OK, any member of that tribe has to see that that preaching is wrong. Nothing, no religious thought or belief system or anything else can possibly justify this. No individual person can accept this.

There are basic rights and wrongs that all humanity should instinctively, inherently understand and accept, and raping children is such a wrong. If a religious mentor tells you it's all right, you have to have the moral fiber to disagree.

There is no middle ground here. This is wrong.

C