'Joseph's Cat' by Pedro

Like a lot of hunter animals, cats can read your emotions. It goes without saying (but I will anyway) some cats are better than others at this. I've known cats that will snuggle up to a sick child whereas whereas they'd have nothing to do with the child if healthy.

So although the basic premise is a bit far fetched, it is not that far fetched. And it does have to be admitted, it's cute!

I, too, thought it a wonderful story. The Lady Artemis, who is in charge of my home and looks exactly like Snowy, was relaxing over the keyboard when I was reading the story, so I assume she read it too and we sent Pedro an email telling him so.

Thank you all for kind words.

. Very entertaining.

:icon_thumleft:

Which, in the broadest sense, must be part of what we do here?

I'd say it was far-fetched, but much having to do with cats seems far-fetched to me.

C

Far fetched? that a cat might have 'gaydar' - yes but the idea amused me. That stroking a cat might make you 'pleasurably uncomfortable' ? - no, it happened to me once. It was a bit of a surprise and embarrassing but at least it wasn't in public.

Cole- there are those who would say the second half of that sentence was fighting talk.

Pedro

I think Pedro has found his calling: writing laugh-out-loud stories! And, of course, it has a happy ending and an accepting mother. Perfect!

Colin :icon_geek:

I don't have to decide between dogs and cats, I'm allergic to both.

Though I do like snakes, pythons can give you such tight hugs!!

A brilliant story; if only there were more cats like that !

I once saw the original Cheshire cat; it's carved on the wall of Grappenhall Church, just South of Warrington. Lewis Carroll's father was vicar in a nearby village.

• 3 weeks later...