Donald Trump's foolishness

Chris James

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Having just watched 'The Mad World of Donald Trump' Channel 4 TV, I would ask you to amend that request. The amended request to read "Not to land on any soil or enter any territorial waters."

Hey, we American are a very generous people. We'd very much like to share The Donald with other nations. The less time he spends here, the better.

C

Well if he is going to Scotland I think we need to reman Hadrian's Wall! Also re-run the Scottish Independence referendum with the English voting.

Results of the final GOP debate in Iowa: Without the Donald stealing every scene we are allowed to see the truth behind such candidates as Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio and Chris Christie.

Christie seems to have inadvertently compared county clerk Kim Davis to the Taliban. Might have been an error but it was very much on target.

Ted Cruz is a brain damaged Christian, thanks to his father the Reverend Cruz being such an A hole. But does it matter, Trump says he is a Canadian. Rubio says there is no savior in the world except Jesus, bringing him closest to advocating a Christian theocracy in the US. To hell with the rights of other religions...how un-American. ​

I'll again assert there are no viable candidates I can see running for the presidency from the Republican party. Maybe John Kasich or one of the other lesser-knowns. But none of the principals seem at all electable, to me, because of the baggage they all bring with them. How did the party let this happen? I think it's an outgrow of allowing the tea baggers to gain so much strength, thereby ceding pragmatism to philosophical idealism. Well, what they'd call idealism.

C

Have you noticed that The Donald has eased off on his comments about when he's president Muslims would not be allowed to enter the USA?

You want to know the reason?

It's because he's working on his plans for anyone who's traveled to any country where the Zika virus is rampant will not be allowed to enter the USA and that includes US citizens (sort of just like his plans for Muslims, ‘eh?). And anyone who's traveled to any of these countries who's already returned to the USA will be forcibly relocated to internment camps in the California, Nevada, and Utah deserts. Turns out that these locations are still available.

Colin :icon_geek:

Just kidding, folks. I hope.

Cmon Colin - Sooner or later you know he'll conflate those two positions and exile the mosquitos to the middle east and solve all of our problems. It's creative solutions that make him what he is today. Whatever that is.

Best description I've seen yet is that he threw a "Trumpertantrum".

I love that!

The Donald's latest and greatest pronouncement is that when he is elected president he will appoint conservative judges to the Supreme Court and have them undo the right to marry decisions for same-sex couples and rule that it must be left up to each state. He did that at the last minute to attract the evangelical christian voters in Iowa.

Here's the item from the Huffington Post with a video of the interview where he made this pronouncement (it start at 8:08):

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-marriage-equality_us_56af63c8e4b00b033aafb496

He thinks he can control the Supreme Court. Donald Trump is not just an idiot. He is a dangerous demagogue and a fascist.

Colin :icon_geek:

Don't misunderestimate the guy.

We did that with another idiot and he was a two term disaster.

The German's did it with Hitler and looked what happened. Him and Trump have a lot in common.

Such as his statistic during the State of the Onion address that there are 28 million more Americans with health insurance today than when he took office? Wunderbar. Except if you check the gov statistics on population, there are 28 million more Americans today than when he took office, so there are exactly the same number of uninsured today as when he came in.

I'm not blaming everything on Mr. O any more than I am on Messrs. Bush or Clinton or Bush or Carter or Ford or Nixon...or Geo.Wash. (I could be persuaded it was Cheney.)

But NONE of the clowns currently running has impressed me with any ideas to get us out of the perpetual mess. Trump is an absolute jerk and wholly unqualified. Clinton is a felon who would be subject to impeachment. (And take all of the other clowns with her who've been "outed" in her "he did it too" defense.) As for the rest of the "also running" I see nothing of interest.

Do I have a solution? No. But neither do I subscribe to putting anybody forward just because somebody else sucks even more pond water.

He inherited an economic disaster from Bush and now has unemployment back under 5%. Was it ever that low when Bush was in office? If we're going to blame everything bad that's happened on Obama, then we should give him some credit for the good things, too, right? Seems only fair.

C

Actually I was talking about Bush. Misunderestimate is a famous Bushism.

You assumed I was talking about Obama because... let's be honest... he sucks.

Employment is being spurred by lower energy prices. Obama's solution? Tax the shit out of domestic oil. Wonderful idea.

Of the 300 million people in America, you would think we could come up with someone better.

Our choices since 2000 have been sub-standard.

I agree: there's a mountain of blame to go around. I think Obama has his heart and hopes in the right place. He simply couldn't successfully navigate his way through a recalcitrant Congress. I'm not sure anyone could have, but do think at this point Hillary would have a better chance of doing so. She's a cannier politician than Obama and probably knows where more of the bodies are buried.

Taxing domestic oil is perhaps just another one of the ways Obama's trying to cut back on fossil fuel use in this country. He's very much for alternative energy development, and in this country, money seems to talk louder than anything else. I'm sure it hasn't escaped anyone's thoughts that using much less oil would be the best way to stop much of the funding of Islamic terrorists, but it also opens up domestic jobs and helps clean the environment. A lot can be said for this approach. Remember, when the more miles-per-gallon mandates came out a few years ago, every car manufacturer said they'd be impossible to meet. Then they met them.

C

• 4 weeks later...

A number of famous Hollywood big mouths and race baiters have threatened to leave the country if Trump is elected.

I seem to remember it was some of the very same celebrity big mouths that threatened to leave if Bush won in 2000.

While I'm standing firm against Trump, getting Sharpton and that idiot from pMSNBC out of the country is very tempting.

Beware the rise of a charismatic leader..

The problem with the demagogue is that all too often they believe themselves to be a demigod!

Beware the rise of a charismatic leader..

Yes, and whatever happened to that charismatic guy with a moustache who developed a hatred for Jewish, Gypsy and gay folks back in the 1930's much akin to Trump's disdain for Muslims and Mexicans?