Donald Trump's foolishness

Chris James

Just read about the Egyptian trainee pilot who is facing deportation from the USA for saying if he killed Trump he would be doing the world a favour. It seems a lot of people have the same idea!

post-17788-0-18383300-1457112352_thumb.p

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cues spooky music a la Twilight Zone

My one visit to the U.S. was at the time Nixon resigned. Although he had been re-elected with a landslide, nobody we met had voted for him, ie nobody would admit to it.

Why do I get this horrible sense of déjà vu when I hear Trump mentioned?

I think the Trump University scam and scandal will take some of the shine off the Trumpster's halo.

Even the National Review, the journal of record for the conservative movement, is calling it a "massive scam".

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/432010/trump-university-scam

Such as his statistic during the State of the Onion address that there are 28 million more Americans with health insurance today than when he took office? Wunderbar. Except if you check the gov statistics on population, there are 28 million more Americans today than when he took office, so there are exactly the same number of uninsured today as when he came in.

Chris, the presumption that all of those 28 million more Americans do not have health insurance is not defensible. From an article in CNN Money: "A poll by Gallup found that the uninsured rate among U.S adults declined to 11.9% in the first quarter, down one percentage point from the end of last year and an improvement from the 18% without insurance in the fall of 2013, when the Americans were first were able to sign up for coverage at state and federal exchanges." In addition, almost all of those 28 million Americans would be children. A study by the Kaiser Family Foundation shows that only 6% of children, newborns to the age of 18, do not have health insurance coverage; that means of the 28 million new Americans 1.68 million would be without health insurance coverage, not 28 million.

I'm not sure where the 28 million figure originated; however, the estimated population growth of the United States from 12/31/2007 to 12/31/2015 (as of December 31) is actually 20.1 million (321,773,631 minus 301,665,953). The 20.1 million new Americans, most of whom would be children, 6% or 1.20 million would be without health insurance coverage. Still not acceptable when we compare the U.S. to Canada and most countries in Europe where all citizens are covered by national health systems.

Note that only years when there is a census is the estimated population of the U.S. almost accurate. I used a resource that provides a credible estimate of U.S. population by year.

Colin :icon_geek:

I stand corrected, Colin. Reviewing the assortment of counters out there it seems the US population growth estimate has quite a range and the one I grabbed during his speech is near the top. Your figure is even generous compared to the US Census showing only 14.5 million growth during Obama's years! And if Obamacare has served to get 8-14 million people into the healthcare arena, more power to it.

It's impossible to get a spot-on number for the population of the United States. Even the official every-ten-years count by the Census Bureau is at best a SWAG. One of the problems is that there's no accuracy for the number of people who die every year. This information is collected at the state level, and there's a significant error percentage. 60 Minutes (www.cbsnews.com/news/social-security-identity-fraud-scott-pelley-60-minutes-3/) had a follow-up show on February 28 that exposed the problems of having living people declared dead (talk about a huge freaking mess!) and people who died still receiving Social Security checks each month and cashing them. Yeah, right!

Colin :icon_geek:

Let's face it, we all know the man lies about his business dealings...he thinks that is all a part of his responsibility to make money. But politics is something Trump hasn't learned very well. Most of us voters don't like to elect lying scumbags:

https://www.yahoo.com/politics/trump-outsourcing-includes-home-goods-daughters-190543492.html?soc_src=mail&soc_trk=ma

The man is sociopathic in his inability to tell the truth.​

Today was the Mississippi primary.

I choose none of the above.

Neither the democrat or republican party deserves anybody's vote.

Not Hillary the Saudi operative, not Bernie the commie, Trump the would be Mussolini or the two religious nuts Cruz or Rubio.

I'll vote 3rd party but in the general election but hold your nose and vote for the party just isn't cutting it anymore.

South Florida Sun-Sentinel: No GOP candidate worthy of endorsement

By ELIZA COLLINS

03/07/16 06:20 PM EST

The editorial board for the South Florida Sun-Sentinel has refused to make an endorsement for the GOP primary because “the kind of person who should be running is not in the race.”

“We cannot endorse businessman Donald Trump, hometown Sen. Marco Rubio or Texas Sen. Ted Cruz because they are unqualified to be president,” the editorial board wrote Monday. “Ohio Gov. John Kasich is the best of the bunch, but if you measure a candidate by the caliber of his campaign, Kasich's lack of traction and organization make a vote for him count for little.”

The paper had previously backed former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush before he dropped out of the race in February.

“We favored the adult in the room, Jeb Bush, a smart, experienced and principled conservative. But the nation wasn't ready for another Bush, and our former governor wasn't ready for the anti-establishment edge in today's Twitter-fueled campaign era," the editorial board wrote Monday.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-gop-primary-live-updates-and-results/2016/03/florida-sun-sentinel-no-endorsement-220401#ixzz42MLQ0F9i
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook