Where was this when I was in school? An elegant multiplication table.

Don't look for this in today's schools, at least in the U.S. (I'll not state an opinion of other countries, except to say that I hope they have more sense than to teach the mathematical nonsense that is passing itself off as intelligent education.)

Anyway, I thought this fascinating, since my major career in life was as, first, an operator of a US Navy Submarine reactor, and second, as a radiation protection technician and later instructor in the commercial nuclear industry, made heavy use of mathematics of many disciplines.

- - - - - - - - - - -

This Long Lost Drawing From Nikola Tesla Reveals A Genius Map For Multiplication

A recently discovered set of drawings by Nikola Tesla reveals an incredible multiplication "map" that contains all numbers in a simple system. The sketches were hidden in a small trunk with drawings and manuscripts for hand-held devices and free-energy systems. They had notes scrawled all over many of them. Abe Zucca, a Phoenix Artist and discoverer of the trunk, thinks they were made during his final years. Zucca made copies of the images and showed them to various mathematicians and thinkers. The most interesting was his map to multiplication.

"This device allows us to see numbers as patterns, the formation of prime numbers, twin primes, Highly composite numbers, multiplication and division, as well as few other systems, I imagine, that are yet to be discovered." The diagram is intuitive and easy to use. It allows learners and students everywhere to see how numbers work together in a spiral with 12 positions.

Tesla once said: "If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have the key to the universe."

980x.jpg

"The diagram is intuitive and easy to use. It allows learners and students everywhere to see how numbers work together in a spiral with 12 positions."

I'm not afraid to expose my mathematical special needs. I haven't a clue what this map does.

In fact a lot of schools used to have these things hanging on the walls as leftovers from the base-12 Babylonians. We were semi introduced to them as math helpers somewhaere along the line but they didn't exactly fit our base-10 world. Nowadays kids don't even know how to use them as time tellers anymore. Damned fool whippersnappers! If only we'd been born with two thumbs per hand...

In fact a lot of schools used to have these things hanging on the walls as leftovers from the base-12 Babylonians. We were semi introduced to them as math helpers somewhaere along the line but they didn't exactly fit our base-10 world. Nowadays kids don't even know how to use them as time tellers anymore. Damned fool whippersnappers! If only we'd been born with two thumbs per hand...

If you add your two arms you cleverly have base-12 counting. Try it; it's actually easy to do.

Colin :icon_geek:

• 3 weeks later...