Trump+Shkreli=OMG!

If the Republican Party divides itself over this issue, would we have a Trump Party and a Rump Party?

(Sorry, couldn't resist. Insert emoticon for slinking off to wherever wordplay lovers gather.)

Donald Trump's family name was Drumpf. I guess if the Republican Party divides itself over this issue, we could have a Trump Party and a Dump Party. Not the kind of parties I'd want to go to.

Colin :icon_geek:

The amazing thing to me is the Republicans didn't and still don't have a single electable candidate competing in the primary. Where are their centrists? Their moderates? There probably are some, but the Tea Baggers have moved everything so far right, taken such a no-compromise approach, that to pass through the primaries one has to appeal to the least tolerant fringes of the party.

I don't for a minute think Trump is getting a mandate because of his positions. I think it's because he represents an anti-government wave of resentment in the populace. How could anyone like Trump's positions? They change whenever he faces any real resistance.

C

The complexity of Trump's popularity really has the GOP standing on it's head. How did this happen, how did Trump get this far? I am convinced after listening to Trump that his speech writers work for the WWF. That phony blustering bunch of steroid induced muscle men have set the example for the Trump mouth. They are all bad actors and yet appeal to the violent adolescent minded adults who may go out and vote for him. ​

Since the Republican party can't seem to blame itself for the obstructionist horse they have been riding for years, the way they have been shortchanging normal citizens just because they hate the idea of a black president...well, here is a good look at the way they are reaping what they have sown. The lunatics seem to be running the party. ​

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/republican-blames-trumps-rise-obamas-level-headedness

Rachel has never been afraid to tell it like it is and this article is a winner.​

Chris James -

In the immortal words of Charles Dudley Warner, "Politics makes strange bedfellows."

And in this case, moreso than anything ever seen before. As unbelievable as this may sound, it seems that you have something in common with the Westboro Baptist Church!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-westboro-baptist-church_us_56ddae67e4b0000de405349e

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

In the immortal words of Charles Dudley Warner, "Politics makes strange bedfellows."

That quote reminded me when I was a junior in high school in 2005-2006. My APUSH (Advanced Placement United States History) teacher said something in class one day; I forget the context but I remember the class burst out laughing:

"Bedfellows make strange politics."

Colin :icon_geek: