For Phantom "phans"

dude

An interesting keyboard. It looks short (not the normal range) and the way the upper keyboard mimics the key depressions of the lower keyboard was fascinating. I managed to work that one out just before the video showed him playing the upper keyboard -- there's a different set of pipes configured for the upper keyboard. With the two keyboards linked, he gets the full set from both, but if he plays the upper keyboard, he gets the reduced set.

I love pipe organs. The tone and texture is so rich :smile:

Modern organs have a simple 'stop' setting that's either "Great to Swell" or "Swell to Great" which performs the same function without the mechanical interlink of classical organs. I've only played one of the old style organs once, and it took a bit of getting used to. In a sense it was like having a literal phantom playing alongside me pushing the other keys!

Unfortunately, I've never played a multi-manual pipe organ. And although it would be nice to own one of the new hybrids... it's just too much money and space for my small apartment.

There's barely room for my dual-manual electronic organ in the living room although it does a fairly passable job in 'simulated pipe organ' mode.

My 92-year old neighbor lady - when asked 'where's Mike' by another neighbor - replied..." he's in his apartment playing with his organ!" :redface:

Unfortunately, I've never played a multi-manual pipe organ. And although it would be nice to own one of the new hybrids... it's just too much money and space for my small apartment.

There's barely room for my dual-manual electronic organ in the living room although it does a fairly passable job in 'simulated pipe organ' mode.

My 92-year old neighbor lady - when asked 'where's Mike' by another neighbor - replied..." he's in his apartment playing with his organ!" :redface:

At least she didn't say, "With his multi-manual organ," which conjures up a two-handed approach.

C

I have been to a couple of concerts at this church. The organ dates from 1841 and was built by J. Bazt of Utrecht. It has a sound which is different from most church organs I have heard. It works really well for Bach. Not about using it for Webber.