Donald Trump, The Liar

dude

The PM has stated she has wants to have the agreement of the First Minister of the Scottish Assembly before triggering Article 50. As Scotland voted to Remain that agreement might be hard to get.

That has to be the understatement of the week. Impossible more like.

Is it any wonder that I sometimes feel that I have been abducted by aliens and put back on to the wrong planet?

They can be a bit careless, after all, what's 100 light years between friends!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just read that Nigel Farage ex-leader of UKIP is going to speak at a Trump rally. If you lot thought Trump was a bigot wait till you hear this one!!

Just read that Nigel Farage ex-leader of UKIP is going to speak at a Trump rally. If you lot thought Trump was a bigot wait till you hear this one!!

See? With Hillary on one side and Mr. Farage on the other, Donnie is the perfect middle-of-the-road candidate after all. Democracy is saved.

• 4 weeks later...

Well done and seemingly accurate.

But I really have to wonder about Keith's production team when at the ~8:50 point he's talking about undocumented immigrants but showing a picture of a herd of cattle! No, I really don't believe those are the immigrants that either Keith or The Donald are referencing!

I hate to worry you folks over there but I have just noticed that the local bookies now have Trump as favourite to win. Given their track record on elections this is very scary!

In the UK the people in favour of leaving the EU lied like that about it and, supported by Murdoch newspapers persuaded enough people to believe them so they won the referendum.

I doubt whether americans are less gullible than the Brits. Expect a republican president come January.

I hate to worry you folks over there but I have just noticed that the local bookies now have Trump as favourite to win. Given their track record on elections this is very scary!

All we can say to that is... Go Leicester!

​According to the researchers at JoeMyGod.com who quote articles that were posted on Politico, the Trump campaign (other people's money) has paid over 8.2 million dollars to Donald Trump Inc. The campaign was billed for rental on office space, food and beverages, and even Trump employee usage. Looks like Trump has discovered a way to make money as he runs for president. The website has dubbed this his Scampaign, a very useful term.

​According to the researchers at JoeMyGod.com who quote articles that were posted on Politico, the Trump campaign (other people's money) has paid over 8.2 million dollars to Donald Trump Inc. The campaign was billed for rental on office space, food and beverages, and even Trump employee usage. Looks like Trump has discovered a way to make money as he runs for president. The website has dubbed this his Scampaign, a very useful term.

Sounds about right for him. I was involved, very much on the periphery, in a property deal that he was part of some years ago. The deal fell through but it turned out that the other investors involved had been paying Trump just so his name was on the project. Then as his name was being used he insisted that certain reports and checks were done - these had to be done by companies he approved of, which he owned!!

I now remember why I don't listen much to Keith: he's a screamer. He starts off yelling at me, then he gets frustrated and angry at me, and them he just flat screams at me. In terms of his presentation, he's as bad as Glenn Beck after a while. The sad thing is that he's often right, but makes his arguments almost unbearable so the ears and the brain just start to drift away.

A fine loud orator, but I'll take John Oliver any day.

I watched that oaf mumble and fumble his way through the debate tonight. He couldn't put a coherent sentence together. He couldn't answer most of the questions, or simply didn't understand them, and went on and on about what wasn't asked. He engage in hyperbole, mostly about what a great person he was.

I wish Hillary had been a bit more forceful and a bit more presidential. She'd probably been told not to. But when Trump kept up his line about how the country is a disaster now, how it's unsafe and the economy sucks, I felt she let him get away with it, and it plays to his constituency. The country is safe, the unemployment rate is historically about as good as it gets, and the middle class is making a comeback. Letting him get away with his doom and gloom message was a mistake.

In my humble opinion.

C

Hillary missed a fantastic opportunity to use something the Donald said about why he couldn't/wouldn't/won't release his federal tax returns. He said it was because his lawyers told him he shouldn't do so since he was being audited by the IRS. (But the IRS has stated that there's nothing to prevent him from releasing his tax returns.) Then the Donald said this:

"Look, I've been under audit for almost 15 years. I know a lot of wealthy people that have never been audited. I said, 'You get audited? I get audited almost every year.' And in a way I should be complaining, I'm not even complaining, I don't mind it. It's almost become a way of life, I get audited by the IRS."

Hillary's comeback to the question about why the Donald won't release his income tax returns should have started with this:

"You said you've been under audit for almost 15 years. You said that you get audited almost every year. You said that wealthy people you know have never been audited. So while most wealthy people aren't audited by the IRS you are constantly being audited. I agree with you, that is very strange. It also sounds to me like you're going to use the fact that your income tax returns are always being audited as an excuse to never release your income tax returns. What, Mr. Trump, are you trying to hide?"

Then Hillary could have continued with what she did say about possible reason why the Donald wouldn't want to release his income tax returns, including her zinger that he never pays any income tax.

I think that is the real reason he won't release his income tax returns. The Donald never pays any income tax, it's all written off by deductions and losses. If the Donald is elected (God help the U.S.A. if that happens) then he will never release his income tax returns. It will become something like his Obama birther ravings, something to be shoved under the rug and ignored.

Colin :icon_geek:

I did not watch the debate. I figure why bother when CNN will talk about nothing else for the rest of the week. Everyone will have an opinion about who did what to whom, who lied, who told the truth. As a nation we seem more addicted to scoring a debate than worrying about what was said.

​The Trump people won't care if he lied. They may have watched the debate through rose colored glasses, but they will not listen to the analysis afterwards if Dancing with the Stars is on. I have less faith in television news as the years go by and this has been a less than stellar year.

​There is a good reason that the Constitution defines the criteria for a U.S. President, especially the age limitations. But if the adults in our nation want another adult to lead us they don't want a Trump who seems to have more in common with a bunch of kindergarten students.

In about five weeks America will make its choice. One of the candidates would move into the job with an ease and familiarity bred during years of government service. The other won't be able to sit still and listen to the sage advice of those who know how our government should work. If anything he will be screaming that the scissors on his desk don't have sharp points. We all know kindergarteners aren't allowed sharp objects, and that rule should apply to dimwitted presidents no matter their age.

Just heard a comment on the Presidential Election - "it is not about choosing the best person to be president, it is about choosing the second worse person in the world!"

Sorry can't say who said it as I heard it from the radio of a passing car.