Wow!

This is stunning!

“Mr. Trump lacks the character, values, and experience to be President. He weakens U.S. moral authority as the leader of the free world. He appears to lack basic knowledge about and belief in the U.S. Constitution, U.S. laws, and U.S. institutions, including religious tolerance, freedom of the press, and an independent judiciary.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/gop-national-security-trump-reckless-000000096.html

​And now at a campaign rally in Wilmington, N.C. Trump said that Hillary will use liberal judges appointed to the Supreme Court to take away everyone's Second Amendment rights. He suggested that perhaps the only solution for that is for the Second Amendment people to stop her.

​Even jokingly suggesting that someone should assassinate a candidate for president is beyond the pale. In the next 24 hours Trump will assure us this was all just a joke on his part, but tell that to the idiots who support him.

I wonder if, should Mr. Trumps putative humorous request be answered, he could be charged with abetting a capital offense? And wouldn't a citizen without the initials with DJT who preached this be hauled in in handcuffs? There are limits to free speech, and I thought maybe this was one of them.

C

​​Even jokingly suggesting that someone should assassinate a candidate for president is beyond the pale.

This whole campaign is devolving into a play scenario scripted by Aaron Sorkin. Check back in Season 1 of The West Wing when a congressmen vaguely suggests that his constituents are so upset with the White House that the President might be assassinated if the Pres were to visit his constituency:

MIKE (A Press Reporter)

Did you guys hear what Bertram Coles said on the radio?

TOBY (President's Press Secretary)

Yeah.

BOBBI (Second Reporter)

And?

TOBY

The Secret Service investigates all threats made against the President. It's White House policy not to comment on those investigations.

MIKE

Are you telling me there's going to be a criminal investigation?

TOBY

[beat] I really can't comment on that right now. [looks at his watch] Damn, I gotta get back to my office.

Trump needs to shift out of his "it's only TV - not important" gear. If he has any others.

​And now at a campaign rally in Wilmington, N.C. Trump said that Hillary will use liberal judges appointed to the Supreme Court to take away everyone's Second Amendment rights. He suggested that perhaps the only solution for that is for the Second Amendment people to stop her.

​Even jokingly suggesting that someone should assassinate a candidate for president is beyond the pale. In the next 24 hours Trump will assure us this was all just a joke on his part, but tell that to the idiots who support him.

Planting a seed using supposed "humor" is a good way to make a suggestion that is intended to be acted upon. This is malicious and needs to be responded to by both the Hillary Clinton campaign and by Republicans.

Colin :icon_geek:

Planting a seed using supposed "humor" is a good way to make a suggestion that is intended to be acted upon. This is malicious and needs to be responded to by both the Hillary Clinton campaign and by Republicans.

Colin :icon_geek:

Yes, that is exactly the way that a number of would be tyrants have operated over the years. I believe the trend was set by Henry the Second when he asked "Who will rid me of this troublesome priest?" The after Becket's death denied all intention.