India court decriminalises gay sex

An Indian court ruled gay sex was not a crime, a verdict that will bolster demands by gay and health groups that the government scrap a British colonial law, which bans homosexual sex.

Read all about this good news in the ABC (Aussie) report.

:hehe:

An Indian court ruled gay sex was not a crime, a verdict that will bolster demands by gay and health groups that the government scrap a British colonial law, which bans homosexual sex.

Read all about this good news in the ABC (Aussie) report.

:icon11:

And not before time. Welcome to the 21st century!

Not being able to lay horizontal without coughing because the flu is playing havoc with my lungs, I have been watching the debate on decriminalising homosexuality on the India Television as posted in YouTube. There are 6 parts and you may not want to watch them all, but they do get to the core of the issue from a number of viewpoints.

I find the debate most interesting as we see the representatives of various views stating their arguments mindful of what has occurred in other nations.

It would be true to say that the TV moderator, who presents the debate, is not related to O'Reilly. :shock:

Before anyone says what they do in India has no relevance to any other country, I think we should consider the impact a change of law in this country of 1.2 billion people, will have on the rest of the world.

While a lot of religious nuts don't want to come out and say it, the bottom line is that they object to anybody who has sex that isn't for the purpose of having children. I think that gets to the very core of their problem.

Since there's no possibility of gay people having kids in the conventional way, then -- to the critics -- gay sex is only about lust and desire and all that stuff. They don't get that there might be some love and caring mixed in there, too.

If we could just hammer some of this into their heads, maybe they'd see why marriage between any two adults should be valid.