"The Laramie Project: 10 Years Later"

colinian

This is from the September 29 San Francisco Chronicle:

Date Lines: News from the Bay Area arts scene

Robert Hurwitt

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

'Laramie Project' Bay Area readings

Ten years after the young Matthew Shepard was beaten and left to die - tied to a fence on the outskirts of Laramie, Wyo., on Oct. 6, 1998 - Mois?s Kaufman, Leigh Fondakowski and other Tectonic Theater Project creators of the landmark "The Laramie Project" returned to Laramie, interviewing inhabitants (including Shepard's mother, Judy Shepard, and his murderer, Aaron McKinney) to explore the long-term effects of the murder and the national attention it attracted.

The result, "The Laramie Project: 10 Years Later," will be unveiled in staged readings at 100 theaters throughout the country - and in Australia, Canada, Great Britain, Hong Kong and Spain - Oct. 12.

Three of those theaters are in the Bay Area: Berkeley Repertory Theatre, which presented the first play's West Coast premiere in 2001, at 8 p.m.; San Francisco's Magic Theatre at 7 p.m.; and San Jose's City Lights Theater, in conjunction with Arclight Rep, at 5 and 8 p.m. Each performance benefits the Matthew Shepard Foundation and is followed by a discussion.

- Robert Hurwitt

The link didn't take me to this article, that's why I copied the item above.

Added September 30:

Here's a lot more information about The Laramie Project: 10 Years Later from the Berkeley Repertory Theater; all of this information (except for what is about the Berkeley Repertory Theater itself) applies to any of the readings being held in over 100 locations on October 12: www.berkeleyrep.org/season/0910/4136.asp.

Colin :icon_geek:

This is from today's San Francisco Chronicle:

[...]

The link didn't take me to this article, that's why I copied it here.

Colin :icon_geek:

Thanks Colin, I'll keep watch for a local reading here in Adelaide. :doze: