ZOMBIE: The Incident at Bloody Rock

Hey Everyone,

I wanted to tell you all about this new story I just put up on a blog called "ZOMBIE: The Incident at Bloody Rock." I'm not really good at summaries or whatever but, this what I can tell you:

The cure for HIV makes zombies. But it's got a twist: hosts that had HIV before getting the new zombie virus are more intelligent than hosts who weren't infected with HIV while living.

The story revolves around a dad and his two sons, the youngest of which has HIV. The kid is getting treatment at a remote children's hospital, under the care of a leading scientist in the field who just found the cure. So the people who put the money into the research, and the hospital, and the government, put a bunch of money into a big event that's closed to everyone but some politicians, diplomats, and the family and friends of the patients. The first injections are recorded by news crews and there's a huge dinner.

But something goes wrong. The kids start getting sick, and all need to be put into critical care. Even those who were outpatients get crammed into the Cancer Ward to make space. And it's pretty much all bad from there.

Check it out if you're interested.

And, uh.... If you're thinking this sounds like that movie, "I Am Legend", all I have to say is this is different. If you read the book that movie was based on, you'll find out it the main character thought the zombies were vampires, and he used the "N" word a lot. Plus, the dude had some issues to begin with. And he wasn't a scientist at all. There was no science at all in the book. So yeah.

I'm mainly influenced by stuff like the Resident Evil series, 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later, The Return of the Living Dead, Shaun of the Dead and other more contemporary works. (Though how that skinny dude got through that one movie with a double-barreled shotgun is beyond me. The reload rate on that is ridiculously slow. Zombieland was the name, right?) Okay... World War Z was pretty cool. But I digress.

ZOMBIE: The Incident at Bloody Rock

Check it out.

--Gabe