Altimexis

On the Wire, by Chris James

I just read the first installment of Chris James' new story, On the Wire. I usually don't post until a story is well underway but with this one, all I can say is, 'Wow!' Interestingly, I too am in the midst of writing a story in which a major character is a pederast and was wondering how well it would be accepted. Chris has beaten me to it with a story in which the main character is a pederast who, as with my character, was himself a victim. Not to give anything about Chris story away - at least so far, the fact that he is a pederast is secondary - it allows him to sympathize with the victims and to understand the thoughts of the perpetrators he seeks to avenge on their behalf. It is a very timely story about sexual predation on the Internet - a premise that may hit a little close to home for some of our readers - and our authors. I've never hidden the fact that I'm attracted to teens, but would never pursue a relationship with one. I'm happily married and channel all that unfulfilled sexual tension into writing about teenagers in love. I very much doubt that I'm the only one, and suspect that a lot of straight authors of teen romance stories do the same.

Kudos to Chris for taking on such a challenging genera. I look forward to what is to come.