Oh Radio, Tell Me Everything You Know, by Cy-kun

http://awesomedude.com/cy-kun/radio/index.htm (sorry, but there doesn't seem to be a way to make this an active link using the mobile site.)

This is an extraordinary tale about growing up and coming out. As much as I enjoyed reading Everything Will Turn Out Alright, I found it stretched reality in a number of ways. The story would have been more believable had the characters been fifteen rather than thirteen. Oh Radio is a much more believable story and it manages to tug at the heartstrings as few stories can.

I am particularly amazed at the degree of character development in Radio. How did the author manage to come up with a main character who is so annoying, and yet endearing at the same time? The growth of the character over the course of nearly a year is amazing, as he goes from being the quintessential victim to someone who's confident and able to stand up for himself. This is a true gay coming of age story that will stay with me for a long time. I read it in a single sitting - an accomplishment since it's fairly long - and then I read it again.

On a site with some of the best gay-themed fiction on the net or anywhere, for that matter, this one is a standout.