PIECES OF DESTINY - the end for now

I've run into some personal and story-related problems with the novel. Because I can't devote the time necessary to solve either, I've decided that Chapter 3 will be the final posted chapter for the immediate future. (This situation hasn't been helped by an impossible work schedule on my day job, which has had me toiling more than 90 hours a week for the past month or so.)

The story's not quite "abandoned" at the moment, but it's fair to say it's on the back burner for now. If and when I have the time to get back to it in a few months, I will.

My apologies to those of you who've been following it, and my thanks go to those of you who've commented on it over the past few weeks. I'll post an announcement here if and when the story will be continued.

Damn you. I was really enjoying it :(

Believe me, I genuinely consider myself damned. I'm feeling fairly crushed by work and ongoing depression, to the extent that it's hard for me to function.

Having problems with the story right now is only the tip of the iceberg. Let's see if there's any light at the tunnel in another month or two. (My fear is, the new light will just turn out to be another tunnel...)

My problem is, just as I see the light at the end of the tunnel, I discover there's another tunnel!

I'm hanging in here for the moment. My workload should lighten up in another week or two, and we'll see if then I can get back to Destiny. I'm still making notes and updating the chapters (old and new), so progress is being made, albeit slowly.