News & Views - October 21, 2007

dude

Hi Gang,

Another banner week so let's get right to it! Four new short stories top the list. The Rainy Day by Graeme, a truly unusual story of love, It's Time To Go by Bardeara, whom we welcome as a first time author to AwesomeDude and the second and third in his Naptown Tales, Back To School Jitters & A Dance To Remember by Altimexis. A brand-new and extraordinary novel is on hand too, Chapter One of Please Don't Let Me Down by Simon Jimenez.

It is really an exciting time here at AwesomeDude with so many new talented authors coming on board with excellent stories, adding to the already fine list of authors and stories already here. Let's look now at this week's Serial Novel Chapter Updates:

Please Don't Let Me Down - Simon Jimenez - Chapter 1

Heart of The Tree - Graeme - Part 4 Chapter 30

Everybody's Wounded - Duncan Ryder - Chapter 2

Family & Friends - Ron Robbins - Mac Part 2

Debating Love - Funtails - Chapter 3

Jeet - Josh - Chapter 16

The Kept - Josiah Jacobus-Parker - Chapter 17

Desert Fantasies - Jack Scribe - Chapter 7

Buzzards, Hawks and Ravens - Ruwen Rouhs - Chapter 7.1

Fixing A Broken Heart - Rad Steven - Chapter 6

Saga of the Elizabethton Tarheels - Sequoyah - Chapter 34

What's The Difference Between Me And You? II - Nick James - Ch 5

Staking My Claim - Nickolas James - Chapter 10

Yeah... quite a list, huh? All posted since this time last week. So much for dude's social life!

Some other announcements. Poetry Editor Gabriel Duncan has decided to conduct The Poet's Corner strictly from the Forums for a while. The separate Poetry Corner pages have been taken down. Suggestions have been made to use the forums as an open mailbox for the poetry site and I'm sure that Gabe will consider that as he continues to conduct 'Poem Business' in The Poet's Corner in the AD Forums. We've had some sort of presentation of poems from our members for the three and a half years AwesomeDude has been around and always will. Just what form it will take is the only variable. Post in the forum and give Gabe your suggestions... and better, your poems!

Had a nice chat with Codey the other day and things are going along nicely over at Codey's World with lots of new stories by Codey and his friends and lots of poems too. It's the place to hang out for young teens (of all ages).

Although we're not doing any special Anthologies or promotions for the Gay National Holiday, Halloween this year... we certainly welcome Halloween stories. Graeme, for one, has one in the works... so watch for it. AwesomeDude Radio is still chugging along picking up more listeners everyday... while we're not competing with those commercial guys out there, we do try to keep a 24/7 stream going with music conducive to reading and writing. The exciting Winamp 5.5 came out this past week, so if you don't have it... the free version is available HERE. The free Winamp player is the easiest way to listen to AwesomeDude Radio while you surf or create!

If you haven't joined the AwesomeDude Forums yet, please do so. Use the automated sign-up procedure, but DON'T FORGET to follow up with an email to the dude at validate@awesomedude.com. That alerts me to go look for your name among the scores of bogus sign-ups and to differentiate you the person from the spam bots! Joining up allows you to post in both the AwesomeDude and Best Of Nifty Forums.

Don't forget to use the Feedback Forms at the end of new chapters of serial stories and at the end of all short stories to let your favorite authors know how much you care!

Deepest aplogies to author/poet Jason R who's Author Page link went missing for several months. It's back where it belongs now. We hope you'll read Jason's stories and encourage him to go on with his novel, So Called Chaos!

Guess that's about it. Dude is gonna go collapse after another record breaking posting this weekend. More stuff to be posted on Wednesday... so stop by mid-week as well!

Have a great week of reading!