News & Views - January 6, 2008

dude

Hi Gang!

At the slowest time of the year for stories we have a full slate, even if they have been dribbling in right up until the last minute. First, let me say Nickolas James has wrapped up Staking My Claim and a great run it has been. Thanks so much Nick! Also, Captain Rick is sorry to inform that due to his wanting to get the final chapter of Sky's The Limit and it's Epilogue just right... he won't be posting it this week. Stay tuned!

Also, due to technical considerations, Chapter One of Ryan Miller's new sequel novel Point of No Return has still not been posted. We hope to solve the problem in the next week and post possibly on the 12th. Also stay tuned!

I have been getting lots of mail from fans of The Scrolls of Icaria complaining of it's disappearance. They claim Jamie doesn't respond to fan mail at all and feel betrayed after following this intricately woven story for so many chapters only to seemingly reach the end of the line with an unfinished story. I wish I could give you a date for resumption of the story, but I can't. Jamie is preoccupied at the moment with school and doesn't asnwer emails from either his editor AJ or myself. For years Jamie totally immersed himself in TSOI and worked magic. Now he's obviously immersed in getting his second or third doctorate degree, I'm pretty sure it will be more than just a matter of weeks or months until he's back with us and caught up with the events in his OWN story. He said a few months ago he'd post an explanation to the AD Forums for his readers but that has not yet happened. I truly believe that Jamie will be back with us and with his story, but I cannot predict when. Sorry! When the Hiatus disappearsfrom the date posted box.. then you will know he's back.

We have a great line up of authors and stories as we move into the New Year. I can recommend any and all of them to you. New Short Stories this week include a Drawn From Life contribution, To Open A Door by Greame. Read this true story! Another addition to his Naptown Tales series is The New Year Resolution by Altimexis. And a bit of er... erotic humor as one of our moderator/writers innaugurates our new feature category, Flash Fiction... super short, short stories. Read The Object Of My Desire by Trab. Contributions to the Flash Fiction category will be accepted from our listed authors at the AD Site, but if you'd like to try your hand... we're opening -at mid week- a Flash Fiction Forum where anyone can post his or her super short-stories. Watch for it... and contribute.

Now lets take a look at the Current SerialNovel Chapter Updates:

Heart and Hooves: An Urban Fantasy by AJ - Chapter 8

If By Chance by Nickolas James - Chapter 10

Not Entirely Alone With Myself - WBMS Chapter 10

Duck Duck Goose by Cole Parker - Chapter 19

Child Of The Theatre - A Novella by Caleb - Part Three

Outside The Foul Lines by Rick Beck - Chapter 5

Jeet by Josh - Chapter 26

One Moonlit Night by Steven Keiths - Chapter 8

Here's Looking At You, Kid by Douglas - Chapter 7

Desert Fantasies by Jack Scribe - Chapter 16

Moving On by Jack Frost - Chapter 10

Family and Friends Series by - Ron Robbins - Mac Part 13

Everybody's Wounded by Duncan Ryder - Chapter 12

Buzzards, Hawks and Ravens by Ruwen Rouhs - Chapter 9.2

Wow.. on one of the traditionally slowest weeks of the year, we have three new shorts and 14 -count 'em- serial chapter updates! We'll be taking it a bit easy for a few months as the site is growing so fast that Story Editor TR and I are often overwhelmed. But we will be adding new authors as a moderate rate, probably about one a month in 2008.... so (once again) stay tuned. And we'd also like you to stay tuned to AwesomeDude Radio where we provide 24/7 music to read and write by.

That's it for this week. Thanks again to all our authors for a great (storywise) 2007 and to our loyal readers which number around 70-thousand (unique ones) every month. Thanks to all and let's all strive for a better and more fun reading year in 2008.