News & Views - March 23, 2008

dude

Hi Gang,

The long awaited posting Tim by Cole Parker has happened. I had received several requests to post this popular story and now that it has been 'tweaked' to the satisfaction of Cole... it's ready for you. As it is a complete novel, there's no reason why you don't dive right into it today. We're also posting Beginning by Cole Parker which first appeared at Codey's World. If you haven't read it yet, you've missed a fine story about overcoming fears over not fitting in.

Everybody's Wounded by Duncan Ryder wraps up this weekend. Duncan says... And for those who wonder what happens to Luc.... there will be a second book. It will be called How the Light Gets In, also from a song by Leonard Cohen.

The birds they sang at the break of day

Start again, I heard them say

Don't dwell on what has passed away

Or what is yet to be...

Ring the bells that still can ring

Forget your perfect offering

There is a crack in everything

That's how the light gets in.

-- Leonard Cohen, Anthem

Excellent!

Other Current Serial Novel Chapter Updates

Love in a Chair by Altimexis - Chapters 3 & 4

Family and Friends Series by - Ron Robbins - Mac Part 24

Moving On by Jack Frost - Chapter 21

One Moonlit Night by Steven Keiths - Chapter 18

Lots of our serial novel authors are AWOL this weekend, but I guess we can forgive them for the holiday.

Have you checked out the new AD Forum hosted by Camy... Flash Fiction? It's really catching on and it gives everybody a chance to post at AwesomeDude, whether you're a hosted author or not. Go check out the stories posted there and add yours!

Another great feature of AwesomeDude Forums is our Blogs section. Many of our authors post their blogs there right alongside your own blogs. Any AwesomeDude Forums member can have a blog... give it a try. Some really entertaining stuff there. DO check it out.

Remember our authors receive no remuneration other than your kind words of appreciation for their stories... so don't forget to pay up at the counter before you log off! Most of our authors use the Feedback Form but those who don't will be glad to have your email comments.

I'll hopefully be writing the next News & Views from the Kuala Lumpur lounge while waiting for my connecting flight to Los Angeles but if it isn't there... don't panic. I'll send it along as soon as I arrive in my new digs...

Until we meet again... have a great week of reading!