And now the weather report.

I'm hot, but I presume you all know that. :wink:

From the Adelaide Bureau of Meteorology the latest forecast is:

Thursday: Dry. Sunny. Min 25 Max 39 C (102 F)

Friday: Dry. Sunny. Min 23 Max 39

Saturday: Dry. Sunny. Min 25 Max 39

Sunday: Dry. High cloud. Min 26 Max 36 (96.8)

Monday: Dry. Mostly sunny. Min 15 Max 28 (82.4)

Tuesday: Dry. Sunny. Min 15 Max 30 (86)

The overnight low is not expected to drop below 25C (77F) before respite arrives in the form of minimum temperatures of 15C on Monday and Tuesday. No relief is forecast until Monday, when the bureau expects temperatures to drop to 28C, before rising slightly to 30C on Tuesday, then returning to a scorching 36C on Wednesday.

Evidently this heat wave has broken all of our records for November.

We are on extreme bush-fire alert with fire bans on the West Coast.

While these temperatures are not as hot as Death Valley or those recorded in Libya, the sun here is particularly fierce. Several people have commented how the sunlight seems more intense with a stinging effect that I suspect is due to thinning of the ozone layer. The Hottest Place on Earth ever recorded was El Azizia in Libya where the temperature reached a scorching 136 degrees Fahrenheit (57.8 Celsius) on Sept. 13, 1922. Making it the hottest place in the world. (Apart from any of our bedrooms, where we are too busy to worry about the temperature.)

I managed to buy a small refrigerated air conditioner to keep the computer cool, (I have already just lost a monitor and a hard drive to the heat. )

My audio recordings have been postponed due to the noisy air conditioner.

The car doesn't have a working fan let alone a a cooler.

I have to travel 11 kilometres to the video shop and usually in the heat of the afternoon.

I must look a sight with a wet towel draped over my head; I sort of look like the evil emperor from Star Wars, driving a Ford Laser.

My fair skin has almost tried to get a tan, but has decided to bleach itself in the sunlight instead. Does anyone like freckles? I can't tell the difference between the freckles and my age spots. I have abandoned clothing and am encouraging all Adonises to do likewise for the sake of their health and my curiosity.

As our usual hottest month is February you can see that we have a lot of heat ahead of us. I guess I have always found head, hot. :icon11:

Today, (Nov 11) one of our service people who did a tour in Afghanistan was speaking on his time there and casually mentioned that they'd had temperatures of 62C in the desert. I guess if it's not an official weather station it doesn't count.

Funny, you know. Last year I lost my computer motherboard to heat and I got a series of people telling me that I should have had a PC and not an iMac. I guess it bothers ALL computers when they are nearly fried just by being turned on.