2010 California Marriage Protection Act

E.J.

A group in California has started a petition drive for a ballot initiative (like proposition 8 ) called "2010 California Marriage Protection Act". This law, if enacted, will make illegal the act that is threatening to destroy marriage......that act is of course divorce.

I didn't think they were serious, but the first PSA (commercial) has been released:

If they get enough signatures to put it on the ballot (likely, in my opinion, because there are enough cynical people out there that would enjoy the irony), then I think there would be a push to get something on the ballot to have proposition 8 repealed, too.

The logic to me is someone who wants to 'protect' marriage by not allowing proposition 8 to be repealed would be hard put to justify NOT voting to make divorce illegal. It might make just enough people squirm at the hypocrisy to either get divorce banned, or to have proposition 8 repealed. It only needs around 2-3% of voters to change their minds to change to the result....

I suppose those opposed to the "2010 California Marriage Protection Act" who were in favor of Proposition 8 could say that they're against the "2010 California Marriage Protection Act" because divorce is such an integral part of marriage. :hehe:

Their website has some very funny items -- and some serious ones, too. Here's the fiscal estimate that would result for the State of California if this Proposition passed.

I will definitely sign the petition to put the "2010 California Marriage Protection Act" on the ballot if it's circulated.

Colin :icon_geek: