Six Easy Steps to Avert the Collapse of Civilization

Fora.tv presents a lecture of some interest if not importance on saving civilisation from collapse.

Six Easy Steps to Avert the Collapse of Civilization

What is so relevant is that the lecture touches on the effect of censorship on the Internet. (Yes, the Australian Net filter gets a mention.)

The lecturer David Eagleman, shows with intelligent and pragmatic comment, how important the Internet is to human survival as well as being the repository of all knowledge.

David Eagleman (ref Wiki) is a neuroscientist at Baylor College of Medicine, where he directs the Laboratory for Perception and Action and the Initiative on Neuroscience and Law. He is best known for his work on time perception, synesthesia, and neurolaw. He is also an internationally bestselling fiction writer published in 21 languages.

At 1 hour (plus question time), it is a long program, but for anyone interested in avoiding the tyranny of political manipulation, and indeed our own individual survival it really is a must watch. Here is a fascinating (I think) look at how the Internet affects our history and future of human civilisation.

Highly recommended for everyone from students to the sage, from the young to inquiring older minds. The relevance of our present lives, past and lost civilisations are all linked to showing the effect the Internet has on our future.

OMG. That is totally awesome. While there is excellent insight, and advice for long term, I can even see the need to use the concepts on the short term. While he was talking about civilisation in a global sense, there is little that I can do on that level, except make as many people aware of it as possible. However, if we think of each town, state, or province as a micro-civilisation then it become clear that we can apply some of these ideas to great effect. I am excited about this, and really happy Des found it and posted about it. :wav: :wav: