rainbow roses!

rainbow roses!

31855_1447185709479_1528272418_31095423_3480700_n.jpg

now that is super neat. it was said that it was developed by a dutch guy in NL. it's not grown multi colour but dyed. still pretty though

If they could develop a multi-colored tulip it would be worth millions. I don't think it would be possible to do it in this way, but it MIGHT be possible to have each petal change color from its base to the outer edge. That type of gradation happens in nature already, but usually only with 2 or 3 colors, not the full spectrum.

hehe that'll be totally interesting. but i'm half/half with all these genetic alteration thing going on in the world. i mean they do looked great they last longer sn etc etc but won't such alterations impact the more natural stock?

As far as I know, the development of tulips is pretty much a Dutch specialty, and they don't believe in genetic modifications. They have used NATURAL selection to get all the varieties we have today, and that is perfectly fine. It is the modern bombardment of the DNA structure to create new things that causes a serious problem.

yeah whomever really get the chance to visit netherlands during pring don't forget to drop by Keukenhof garden! love it there :D

alot didn't know but in north America there's a big prob with crops as Modified varieties been carried by the wind and attacked fields from neighbouring farm and assimilated themselves in the field and then the farmers gets sued by the companies the dev the altered varieties for stealing. all the weird stuff going on. pretty sad.

Yes indeed. I think the farmers getting the affected pollen and whatnot should be suing for the endangerment of their crops by the invaders.

All I can say is, don't eat corn from America, as it is ALL genetically modified, except maybe a few in obscure corners of the country. And those luscious looking (but nearly tasteless) strawberries from California were gene splices with SALMON. Eat too many of those and you'll be swimming upstream and then dying right after sex. (That's a joke)