October Fire

Thanks, Cole. October Fire was a story that was particularly difficult to write. Chapter 2 is now up as well. For those readers who haven't been reading my New York Stories and are afraid to jump into the middle of a story series, I want to assure you that I've written each story in such a way as to stand on its own. That is particularly true of October Fire, given the unique place in history it occupies. Some of the characters have been around for going on five years, but I've taken care to fully develop each one in such a way that, even if you've never read one of my other stories, you'll feel you know them. I'd like to think I've developed a talent for addressing the needs of first-time readers without boring those who've been following my stories all along.

October Fire chronicles the experiences of a group of New Yorker teens, some of whom will experience the horrors of the Hamas attack of October 7, 2023, first hand. Chapter 3 will be posted next Saturday, in time for the first anniversary of the attack. I've attempted to provide a balanced treatment of the event and its aftermath. Some of the characters are Jewish and some are not, and I've introduced a Palestinian American main character who will experience a different sort of horror that is uniquely American.