Funny Music Videos

For everybody who says, "there's been no good music in the last 10 years," this is one of the songs I usually pull out as an example of a 2003 song that has a great tune, very clever lyrics, a catchy melody, and is also kind of nostalgic -- more than a little similar to The Cars' "Just What I Needed" (from 1978). This is "Stacy's Mom" by Fountains of Wayne:

Stick with it to the end -- there's a surprise ending. I had never seen the music video before today, and I laughed my ass off.

Yep, been there... My mother's best friend flirted with me... at least I think she did... well maybe I thought she did.

It's hard being in lust over a female that you only know as Mrs Edwards... maybe its easier on the other side of the road after all.

Good song, cute kid...but Pecman, you know they stole that final scene from Fast Times at Ridgemont High...still, it was hilarious.

Yep, that was deliberate. I can just imagine the poor director having to tell the kid what to do in that final shot...

BTW, the double-joke in that scene is that the young teenage girl thinks the boy was fantasizing about her, but the reality is that the boy was fantasizing about her mother! :wacko:

And here's another song from the same era (2001) that I really, really like:

Great song, and the lead singer is very hot (at least to me). Great lyrics, very clever, plus the chorus is incredibly catchy. It sounds exactly like a New Wave/Power Pop hit of the 1980s, and yet it was done more than 15 years after that era.

I'm a sucker for ironic songs where the lead singer is pining for one person who doesn't know they're alive, and they're in love with somebody who's in love with somebody else who treats them badly. Classic rock love triangle.