5 26-11 by J.J. Janicki

The stories J.J. writes are blatantly honest, and sometimes a little unsettling. I would swear he must have been there when I was 14, perhaps hiding in my closet and observing my activities.

In truth, what I discovered that year with my dear friend Paul had no name, it was pure emotion and lust. Although a brief look at what can develop between two boys, J.J. has once again hit the nail on the head and driven my thoughts into the past.

Good stories take the reader along on the ride and I very much enjoyed this one. To be a good author writing about adolescent feelings requires an elephant's memory of personal history. J.J. has brought forth the familiar, given us a glimpse of a developing relationship and leaves the conclusion up to the reader.

I like that because it allows my mind the luxury of returning to those days, and like most of us I can say: Thank goodness that's over! Thanks, J.J.

And since you will want to read it, here's the link: http://www.awesomedude.com/jjjanicki/05-26-11.htm

...To be a good author writing about adolescent feelings requires an elephant's memory of personal history.

This is so, so true, and J.J. is proof of that ability. I bitterly regret burning my teen-year journals for now my memory has more holes than a worn-out sponge, and most of what I think I recall is wishful thinking.

This is so, so true, and J.J. is proof of that ability. I bitterly regret burning my teen-year journals for now my memory has more holes than a worn-out sponge, and most of what I think I recall is wishful thinking.

At least you recognise the truth of it. I find one of the first casualties of memory loss is honesty; accuracy is another. But perhaps age has a right to a romantic view of the past, just so long as it isn't accompanied by malicious regret. That is soul destroying at its worst.

I would swear he must have been there when I was 14, perhaps hiding in my closet and observing my activities.

To be honest, Chris, I was hiding in my closet observing my activities. Comes from being such an introvert... I guess...

Yeah, that was probably it, all right. That, and something like, "You know, I'd really, really like to improve on this..."

It's always fun - or at least interesting, to compare notes, though.

Thanks for the kind words, though. All of y'all.