America the beautiful...NOT!

Chris James

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/investigative/2013/09/08/left-with-nothing/

Government should be the last entity that is predatory towards its citizens. I can see private businesses like banks and credit bureaus doing this, they have no heart. The rich don't care about the poor, they are just obstacles to be run over in the road.

In the case of this gentleman, he is now out of the house he once owned, probably forced to apply for public aid or welfare to put a roof over his head. How much does that cost, certainly more than his tax bill? The people in charge have lost their minds, and their humanity. But then we already knew that, this is just further proof.

Of course the government is predatory. It's populated, bought, and paid for by those very banks, credit bureaus, and corporations who feel it's okay to throw a 70 year old veteran on the street in the name of canibalism.

Er, "capitalism". Sorry, I get those two mixed up.

Leaving aside the humanist angle, it's not even logical from the point of view of the state. The cost to the country in welfare will far exceed the debt, so if you like, can be seen as a state subsidy to the 'investors'.

In the UK, an unpaid bill would eventually be collected by the bailiffs along with the fees incurred along the way. But they can't seize the home, essentially just luxury goods to raise the debt amount when sold.

Details here:https://www.gov.uk/your-rights-bailiffs/what-you-can-do-when-a-bailiff-visits

I'd think it impossible though for a $134 debt to rise in the UK to such an extent that appears to happened here.

Of course the government is predatory. It's populated, bought, and paid for by those very banks, credit bureaus, and corporations who feel it's okay to throw a 70 year old veteran on the street in the name of canibalism.

Er, "capitalism". Sorry, I get those two mixed up.

Quite understandable, Ele. The predators are known for eating their young.