O Canada in Pittsburgh

FreeThinker

In 2001, following the attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, people all over the world played and sang "The Star-Spangled Banner" in solidarity withe the people of the United States. Last night, in Pittsburgh, at a hockey game between two American teams, the audience sang Oh Canada to show our solidarity with our friends and neighbors to the north after this shocking case of terrorism. I'm glad they did that. Sometimes I think Americans take Canada for granted, but Canadians have a long and proud heritage of supporting freedom and human rights. They welcome immigrants to their country with open arms and they respect diversity. We in the States can learn a lot from our friends and I applaud the Penguins' fans for showing such respect and friendship to our Canadian neighbors, (or, in this case, should I have spelled that "neighbours?) :-)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/23/us-hockey-fans-sing-o-canada_n_6038122.html