Linux XP Desktop

THIS IS SO KEWL ------!!!!!

Just loaded Linux-XP on my desk top computer -- well an hour ago. I'm working on my laptop at this moment.

Clean, simple and REALLY DOES ACT LIKE WIN-XP

I spent 10 minutes tweaking a few things and have my laptop working off the Linux-XP on my desktop -- info coming from MS Win XP !!!!!! FoxFire, Network connection and I was up and running!!!!!!!!

I AM SOOOOOOOOOOO HIGH (no, no drugs) :evilgrin:

I need to import some of the fonts from Win XP ----- BUT I AM REALLY IMPRESSED!!!!!!!!!!

LINUX-XP.COM HAVE A LOOK!!!

Microsoft -- KISS MY, ................. Jeez -- I forget where I was going with that :unsure:

Hugs people,

---

Moved to own topic by Camy

---

This looks really interesting, though I'm a tad dubious because it come from Russia.

I'm not anti Russian, it's a fantastic country. But Russian software has a reputation for coming complete with its own embedded spyware.

Will it really run MS programs?

Please keep us updated as you use it,

Camy

This looks really interesting, though I'm a tad dubious because it come from Russia.

I'm not anti Russian, it's a fantastic country. But Russian software has a reputation for coming complete with its own embedded spyware.

Camy

Good question Camy ----- Have to spend some time tomorrow and check that out.

Judging from what I have seen so far -- It's a good for go -- I'm liking what I'm seeing so far.

Camy

I'll do that for sure Camy -- Running MS programs is really important to me also. Like I said, I'm liking what I'm seeing so far.

What an experience -- I'm really enjoying working with Linux. But, it does have a learning curve. I did install the Linux-XP on my hard drive last week and registered the package. Since then I have been taking things slow and getting to know the software AND doing a lot of reading --amazing the information on the internet!!! One of the GREAT things that has come into homes through the PC :icon10:

Camy, I'm still working toward running MS win apps -- taking little steps. Evidently what happens is by running an emulation program (I am going to try the 'Wine Emulation program') which runs under Linux and will open MS Win software. How smoothly I'm not sure but, it seems handle a large number programs but not all.

Linux-XP http://www.linux-xp.com/index.php is one of maybe a dozen programs which offer 'Desktop' front end interfaces to the Linux OS. The Linux-XP happens to have a look and feel of WinXP. I'm finding that in many ways it has a much more organized form than WinXP. The 'Control Panel' is much more user friendly.

Anybody with cable Internet connection can download the .iso file (a 600 mb file) burn the file to a CD and be able to run the CD with out the program touching the hard drive. The first time I loaded the program, on my Desk top machine, I was able to get on line from my networked laptop. Linux-XP found all the required info automatically -- I was impressed!! :icon10:

Depending on how the Emulation software works, I can easily see dropping Win XP and going to Linux. There is a HUGE Linux/Unix network out there with thousands of beautifully written look-a-like software AND the best part it is ALL FREE!!! How can you go wrong with that :icon_geek: There also seems to be an almost endless list if Linux Forums to go to if you run into a problem. And unlike MS Tech support (useless and expensive) the Forums plus FAQ are right there with a quick Goggle search --- AND IT'S FREE -- DID I MENTION THAT YET?????

More to come as I progress-----

Eddy