News & Views - January 20, 2008

dude

Hi Gang...

OK a light duty version of News & Views this week. Been zonked all this week... fell dead asleep listening to NPR this afternoon and just came to! OK no comments, NPR is great and I don't begrudge the $10/month I pay for the special satellite radio I need to get it here in Borneo. I listened to Fresh Air Weekend - Car Talk & Prairie Home Companion all this afternoon/evening... with all the windows open and lounging in my Levi 501 cutoffs!

OK down to business. I think we have solved the spambot problems and new AD Forum members (human) ones may once again join freely without having to email the dude for dispensation. Thanks to Blue and to Myr over at Gay Authors for their assistance.

Short Stories -

Horror Movie 2 by Graeme - If you liked the original Horror Movie Graeme posted at Halloween, read this one!

Carolina Sand Castles by Nick James - Nice to see this one from young Nick. Sequel to follow this coming week.

Introduction to Naptown Tales by Altimexis - This DFL (Drawn From Life) piece by the author gives some background on himself and how Naptown Tales came about. Watch for more DFL stories to come.

Captain Rick wrapped Sky's The Limit this week and we want to thank him for for it ... not for wrapping it, but for writing it! It is a great story and obviously has been a labor of love for him... and response has been exceptional! Great job... Thanks Rick!

Serial Novels - This Week's Updates -

Sky's The Limit by Captain Rick - Book II Chapter 18 & Epilogue

Duck Duck Goose by Cole Parker - Chapter 23

Jeet by Josh - Chapters 28 and 29

One Moonlit Night by Steven Keiths - Chapter 10

If By Chance by Nickolas James - Chapter 12

Here's Looking At You, Kid by Douglas - Chapter 9

Everybody's Wounded by Duncan Ryder - Chapter 14

Buzzards, Hawks and Ravens by Ruwen Rouhs - Chapter 10.2

Desert Fantasies by Jack Scribe - Chapter 18

Moving On by Jack Frost - Chapter 12

Family and Friends Series by - Ron Robbins - Mac Part 15

Thanks to Josh for sending along the TWO chapters of Jeet which fit so well and best read together.

Great news, TR is working on a series of short-short stories that will fit into our new Flash Fiction category. Have seen some previews and I'm sure you'll like 'em. Good to have TR easing back into the Story Editor slot at AD and especially great to have him writing again. Who knows... he might even finish Drama Club!

We're gonna start up our AwesomeDude Radio Celebrity ID's again soon. For those of you who were around when we did it last year, it is having our AwesomeDude authors doing the Station ID's in their own voices. If you have a favorite author here at AD, have him or her send us his .wav or .mp3 file. I'll be posting requirements in the author's private forum this week for the new authors who've never done it. It is great actually hearing our authors doing the station ID's on our own little online radio station.

OK.. it's waaay past midnight here and my furry feline friends are asking 'When are you coming to bed, Daddy?' so time to tell them... 'Now!'

I just want to remind you that all the great entertainment you get here at AwesomeDude is entirely free to you... just respect the copyrights of our authors and let them know you enjoy what they do, it's their only compensation for lots of hours of blood, sweat and tears.... and love. Use email, our Feedback Forms, or just post here on the AD Forums to let them know.

ADDED NOTE: The strangest thing just happened. Our condo complex was just invaded by a contingent of what the astonished Malay guards called 'masked rodents' which overturned dumpsters, garbage cans, dustbins and chased my cats through the cat door at max velocity. A friend noted that the invason coincided with the arrival of a special Malaysian Air charter flight from the East Coast of the USA with what an airport official called a 'strange passenger list.'

So to be on the safe side, I'm posting Chapter 11 of Not Entirely Alone With Myself forthwith with apologies to WBMS a.k.a. Tanuki Raccoon a day late and warning all condo residents NOT to leave their shoes outside their doors. It even gets it's own posting date of 01-20!

Until next week at this time.... have a great week of reading!

The strangest thing just happened. Our condo complex was just invaded by a contingent of what the astonished Malay guards called 'masked rodents' which overturned dumpsters, garbage cans, dustbins and chased my cats through the cat door at max velocity. A friend noted that the invason coincided with the arrival of a special Malaysian Air charter flight from the East Coast of the USA with what an airport official called a 'strange passenger list.'

So to be on the safe side, I'm posting Chapter 11 of Not Entirely Alone With Myself forthwith with apologies to WBMS a.k.a. Tanuki Raccoon a day late and warning all condo residents NOT to leave their shoes outside their doors.

:confused::icon_geek: