Clay Aiken Comes Out: World Stunned

The Pecman

In the cover story of People magazine for the week of September 22nd, the former American Idol winner reveals what we've all suspected for years.

What I want to know now is, does that mean that all the stories about Clay being a "very dominant top" are also true -- as told by an ex-Marine/male prostitute who had sex with Aiken in a North Carolina motel a couple of years ago.

Inquiring minds gots to know!

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20228488,00.html

Well, in consideration of Clay's new 'openness' policy, you might just get an answer if you ask him. You're 'in the business' so you probably have a way to bypass the endless barriers to direct contact. For that matter, invite him to AD.

Claiken has been asked many times about his sexual orientation, but always deflected or refused to answer.

I'm in the bad movie/TV business, working terrible hours, and usually only deal with harried, overworked post-production execs and producers. Occasionally I get to work with a director, but we almost never get to see any stars or "personalities." (But then there was the time Faye Dunaway almost tried to kill me during a session, but that's another story. Totally true.)

I'm glad Clay finally did it, but you gotta wonder about his timing. I can only assume he finally realized that if everybody knew he was gay, it wouldn't affect his album or concert sales. If anything, I bet he'll get a brief publicity bounce for the next few weeks, while he makes the rounds of all the talkshows. Good for him.

But then there was the time Faye Dunaway almost tried to kill me during a session, but that's another story. Totally true.

OK, this insufficiently short teaser needs expansion. How about a story? Fan Fiction, maybe??

Colin :hehe:

Short version: Faye tried her hand at directing a little project a few years ago. She was initially very nice, but then went absolutely insane and ballistic when a technical problem (that had nothing to do with me) came up.

I tried to calm her down, saying, "Faye, I warned you yesterday that this might happen if you changed the videotape."

She got two inches away from my face and hollered, "ARE YOU CALLING ME A LIAR?"

No question, she IS Mommie Dearest. Actually, in real life, Faye Dunaway is extremely close to her ball-busting character from the movie Network, for which she won an Academy Award.

She was in a very bad mood the week she worked with us because she was having most of her teeth pulled due to dental problems. Not a nice lady. She later got thrown out of two different mixing facilities on the same project, because she was so crazed, demanding and unreasonable.

All in all, a very strange experience. I've worked with a handful of famous people: Tom Selleck, Fleetwood Mac, George Lucas, Van Halen, Kevin Costner, even Barbra Streisand (three times). None of them were even 1/100th the trouble Faye was.

Bear in mind the work we do basically "finishes up" the shows and movies at the very end -- editing, color-correction, sound, etc. -- putting all the pieces together to create the final tape or film that airs on TV or gets projected in the theater. Very unglamorous, very time-consuming, and very expensive. Lotta pressure.

• 2 weeks later...

Exactly,

Trust me most people knew he was gay.

Claiken has been asked many times about his sexual orientation, but always deflected or refused to answer.

I'm in the bad movie/TV business, working terrible hours, and usually only deal with harried, overworked post-production execs and producers. Occasionally I get to work with a director, but we almost never get to see any stars or "personalities." (But then there was the time Faye Dunaway almost tried to kill me during a session, but that's another story. Totally true.)

I'm glad Clay finally did it, but you gotta wonder about his timing. I can only assume he finally realized that if everybody knew he was gay, it wouldn't affect his album or concert sales. If anything, I bet he'll get a brief publicity bounce for the next few weeks, while he makes the rounds of all the talkshows. Good for him.