10 year old tased by police for "refusing to go to bed"

E.J.

As bad as the actions were, they could be much worse than immediately meets the eye. While various news reports have this story out there, the Incident Report itself is the only place I've found that reports the girl to be "balled up on the floor". This is a classic example of retreat due to stress in someone with autism, including the lashing out with hands and feet when attempting to deal with them. The only proper way to deal with them is to leave them alone, preferably in the dark, and they will calm down.

The insanity of insisting on a shower to the point of tasering the girl is beyond comprehension. To then have the cop attempt to (presumably) strip and shower the 10 year old forcibly goes beyond belief. Handcuffing someone 'to protect them from danger' when all they are doing is crying and lying balled up is truly stupidity beyond what I could even think could happen in the Ozarks.

After many incidents in Canada, with tasers, their use is being severely restricted; seems that is not the case in the USA.

Any asshole that would consider using a taser on a child needs to have the taser shoved up his ass and discharged until the batteries fail.

No doubt about our James, he certainly has the answers for the assholes of the world. :wink:

No doubt about our James, he certainly has the answers for the assholes of the world. :wink:

And the correct answer, at that!

Having said that, my ten year old is very skilled at infuriating his parents :lol: But we're the adults and we're supposed to act like it.

Any asshole that would consider using a taser on a child needs to have the taser shoved up his ass and discharged until the batteries fail.

Actually, James, I'd suggest the use of an external power adapter to replace the battery. That way the batteries wouldn't be used and the Taser would continue operating until there was a 120V power outage or the Taser itself failed.

Colin :wink: