AwesomeDude Radio

blue

We don't have a separate music/audio forum or sub-forum, so I'm putting this here.

I have been catching up with AwesomeDude Radio lately. It gets competition from my other listening, but I have missed ADR lately, so I've been listening. There's nearly always something I haven't heard in a long time, or something I've never heard, and...it's really cool.

Tonight, I heard something. At first, I thought the singer might be Ben Harper. Or John Legend. Or K'Jon. This white boy listens to many things, and my tastes have broadened and deepened as time goes by.

But no, when I looked, the song was "Summer Rain," by Carl Thomas. I'm sure I know who he is and what else he's known for, or other groups. But I'm not always good with names. I know that one should ring a bell, though.

The song is great and I don't think I've heard it before.

There was also the Peter Gunn theme earlier. Man, I haven't heard that in a while.

Tonight, I've heard a couple of songs in French, Spanish, Portuguese, and something else I didn't recognize (Polish or Czech, maybe?). I really like that. -- Other languages are also quite welcome, whether I speak them or not.

Hah, I'll also say, there are a few songs from the REO Speedwagon HITS album that I remember (bittersweet) from a couple of summers with one of my best friends and major crushes. And no, I didn't get the chance to find out if he had the same feelings for me I had been having for him. :blush: Whether I'll try to put that into a story or not, I don't know. But the feelings around that as well as those songs (also some by the Eagles and other groups from then ('78 to '80 and songs/groups popular before then) bring back memories.

I grew up in the '70's and '80's, so songs from the '60's through the '80's, and things my parents listened to, are all back in the ol' memory banks. -- I like plenty of things from the '90's and forward, too. Heck, I'll listen to nearly anything at least once.

Dude knows I also like bluegrass, and yes, I sometimes like country and western. I tend to go mostly for rock. You'll find Sigur Ros in my playlist too. Like I said, I'll listen to nearly anything at least once.

Yes, Awesome Dude Radio has an amazing playlist. Tonight, I heard Percy Faith, The Monkees, Andy Gibb, and Al Green. I don't know of any other place on the Internet with such diversity. I haven't logged in to Pandora since before the 4th. I will be making a contribution to AD soon to help defray the cost. I'm sure the extra bandwidth or whatever the term may be is expensive! I urge others to do the same. And, listen! There's something for everyone.

I've been listening to AwesomeDude Radio.

After Kansas' bittersweet "Dust in the Wind," there was something I haven't heard in ages: by SOS, "Baby, You Can Do It (Do It Right)." Pretty funky soul, dudes. I hunted it up. I can see I'm gonna have to watch my song budget.

I'd like to suggest Kansas' "Cheyenne Anthem" too. The image of the horses running gets me.

I like the Byrds' "Turn, Turn, Turn" too, even if the author of Ecclesiastes was one seriously depressed royal dude.