Broken - upcoming - Good Boys Being Naughty

Warning: hormonal teen behavior, stupidity and immaturity. Skip if that bothers you.

Spring 1976

I nervously watched a dozen juniors and seniors milling around their cars and talking. A popular senior named Jerry Callahan was there with his friends. They would be graduating soon and seemed to be having a party from March until the end of the school year. I was hiding across the street and down the road a bit.

I didn't fear Jerry. In fact, loved him. The Callahan brothers had adopted me into their fold. They had been there for me when no one else was. Jerry’s little brother Trent was my age. We had been friends playing ball for years and were in many of the same classes. When I had problems, Trent reached out to me.

Ordinarily, if I saw Jerry, I'd run and hug his neck, but not with all those strangers around.

The whole Callahan family were Christians and serious about it—very sweet people with the real Holy Spirit thing going on. Too angry and confused, I rebuffed him, but he kept trying. He invited me to his church one spring Sunday when they were having dinner on the grounds. That’s a brilliant Baptist tradition where all the ladies and some of the church's men will stage a picnic with all their best recipes. It’s about as close to heavenly visitation as we’re likely to get in this life.

Of course, my folks were delighted. Mom and I spent time Friday night making pecan pralines. I boxed up thirty-two to take to the dinner on the grounds. I gave Dad some and hid the rest. Those darn things tend to disappear.

I spent the Saturday night before at Trent's house with him and his four brothers. Jerry was the oldest, an eighteen-year-old senior who shared a room with Robbie, who was fifteen. Trent was my age and shared a room with his twelve-year-old brother, Stevie. The Callahan boys were all very nice. They were tall for their age, had black hair and blue eyes, and were lanky with jock-ish tendencies.

We had a blast that Saturday night. Jerry took Trent, Stevie, and me to see the movie Escape from Witch Mountain. It was a kid’s movie, but we were kids. It was something the Callahan parents wouldn’t veto, and it was fun. After the movie, we went by Dairy Queen, then to their home and settled in Trent's room. Trent and Stevie had bunk beds, and a couch was just across from their bed for me. We all changed into gym shorts to get comfortable and watched Saturday Night Live till Mr. Callahan came by the room and told us it was time for lights out.

It wasn’t very dark, as there was a neon Ole Miss Rebel on their wall that acted as a red night light. I was quite aware that I was in a room with two charming boys. Trent settled in on the bottom bunk and Stevie on the top. After some silliness and laughter, we all got quiet and went to sleep.

Someone grabbed my foot, and I woke up. Trent’s older brother Robbie was standing over me. He put his finger to his lips and then motioned for me to come with him.

Robbie led me downstairs into the lower split-level of their house, into the boys' weight room, and closed the door. He stood by the weights and beckoned me to come close.

He whispered, “I wanted to talk to you privately. Sorry, but I had to wake you up to do it.”

“It’s OK. What’s up, Robbie?”

He paused, and even in the near darkness, it was easy to see he was nervous. He steeled his resolve and said, “I… uhh… have never done this before. I don’t like guys in general, but I like you.”

I smiled and whispered, “I don’t like guys in general, either. Just my friends. My scoutmaster put two and two together and got twenty-seven, and that’s why everything went to hell for me.”

He grinned back in the dark. “I thought boys who liked other boys were all girly and stuff, but you aren’t like that. You’re just thirteen and bigger than me.”

“You’re taller.”

“But you’re built. I’ve seen you play football, and you hit like a bulldozer.”

I liked what I heard and whispered, “Thanks. I like you and your brothers a lot. It was cool to be invited to stay over. This is the first time since last summer.”

Tentatively, Robbie reached over and put his hand on my bare chest. My heart was pounding. I did the same, and his heart was pounding, too.

His hand moved down my abs and slipped inside my shorts. I grinned and did the same.

He whispered, “You are a big boy.”

Laughing quietly, I whispered, “Not this big.”

Robbie surprised me when he knelt, pulled my shorts down, and went down on my cock.

I whispered, “Robbie, we can’t. Not here. I’d never forgive myself if we got caught, and you had to go through the same hell I have.”

He gave my cock a final flourish with his tongue, reluctantly relinquished it, and stood.

As soon as he did, I knelt and took a taste of Robbie. He was very turned on, whimpered, grabbed my head and ejaculated almost instantly.

I stood, he hugged me, and whispered, “I thought you said we can’t.”

“I wanted a taste of you, too. You're yummy, and you’ll sleep better now.”

He asked timidly, “Can we hang out sometime?”

“I'd love too! Ever ride your bike to school?”

“I haven’t for a while, but I could.”

“Pick a day when the weather is good and ride your bike. After school, follow me onto the trails, where we can be alone without getting busted.”

Robbie grinned and said, “I can do that. It’ll be fun.”

We hugged again, which felt spectacular to me. Robbie kissed my cheek and returned upstairs.

I waited a moment, followed, and stepped into a bathroom to relieve myself. When I turned on the light, I surprised Trent jacking off over the toilet. He put his cock up and blushed furiously.

Putting my finger over my lips, I closed the door and turned out the light. There was a nightlight in the bathroom that provided dim illumination.

I approached the toilet and whispered, “We’ll sleep better.”

I pulled out my cock and started jacking. Trent grinned and did the same. I was pretty cranked up, and Trent had a head start, so it didn’t take long.

We heard something outside in the hall, so Trent stood behind the door. When I opened it, Jerry stood in the hall waiting for me.

He, too, indicated I should follow him, and we went back down to their weight room. He closed the door and had me sit on the couch.

I sat beside him, he put his arm around my shoulder and said, “I know you and Robbie talked. Jimmy, I’m not going to mince words. You’re a very good-looking kid. Just being alone with you here is giving me wood because I know what we could do. We have a cousin we fool around with. Robbie and I both like it, but we can’t get caught. My parents, my brothers, if it got out, it would wreck us.”

Whispering back, “I’d never hurt you guys. You’re the only ones who have treated me decent since last summer.”

Surprising me, Jerry kissed my cheek and said, “I’ve always liked you. Of all Trent’s friends, you’re my favorite. Then, over the last couple of years, you got huge. You’re a sore temptation, you big ole rascal.”

I giggled and said, “Thanks, Jerry. I love you guys. Maybe one day, when it’s raining, you can drive me home.”

Jerry smiled and said, “Done deal. I’ve got a girlfriend who doesn’t make me as hard as you do.”

The next morning, we got up, went to Sunday school and church, and then had a feast. All thirty-two pralines vanished, and I had to promise the recipe to Mrs. Callahan. Jerry, Robbie, Trent and even Stevie were a tonic to me. In the fall, when things were at their worst, I'd been so isolated and afraid. Being embraced and even loved by these boys made me tear up.

What I thought would be outstanding was a mixed blessing. Sex with Jerry and Robbie was addictive. We'd get hard just seeing each other. Robbie followed me onto the trails on good weather days, and Jerry would drive me home when it rained, and we would do stuff at my house before my parents got home.

The sex was great, but I got to the point where I couldn’t say no to them. I gave Robbie my anal virginity. It didn’t take long before they were both fucking me. I loved it, but it left me feeling empty. It was something I thought I’d do with Scotty or Brian later on, but I was doing it with the older boys, whom I came to love, but I knew for them, it was just for fun. They were always nice to me, but it hurt because they couldn’t love me back the way I loved them.

If I walked by and Jerry or Robbie saw me, neither of us had much control. Jerry and Robbie were cautious initially, but as we enjoyed it so much, they took chances we couldn’t afford. Crowd or not, if they saw me, we try would find an excuse to be alone, which would lead to disaster. I had to stay away to protect them.

I couldn’t just walk by them, and it was too far to go around. Why wouldn’t they just go inside?

Out of the dark, a young adult voice startled me, “Hi, Jimmy.”

All I could see was an outline in the dark, overcast night. It looked like it might be a nice outline, but I was scared.

I asked nervously, “W…who are you?”

The figure did not advance and answered calmly, “My name is Larken, but most people call me Lark. Your mom taught my little sister. She said that if I ran into you, to tell you I know your dad was with the 2nd Infantry at Pusan.”

Relaxing, I walked toward him.

Lark asked, “Why are you hiding out here?”

I sighed and said, “I’m dodging Jerry Callahan, but I have to pass his house to get home.”

As I approached him, he whistled and said, “I’d heard you were a big boy for thirteen. Isn’t Jerry Callahan a senior? Is he messing with you?”

“No. Jerry’s cool, but he’s got a bunch of his friends in his driveway, and some of them aren’t. I'm friends with his little brother, Trent.”

Finally, getting a good look at Lark, I was sure I’d seen him around. He reminded me of my cousin Bill before he got his foot blown off in Vietnam. He was in his twenties, tall, had long blond hair, and wore a Rush t-shirt.

Lark said, “My car is over there. Would a ride home be helpful?”

I looked back toward the Callahan house. The mob in the driveway was still out, milling around their cars and trucks. I said, “Uh… yeah, if it wouldn’t be too much trouble.”

“Sure, kiddo. Are you hungry? I was going to grab something.”

I followed him. Food was a great idea, and no one was at home. “Yeah, thanks.”

We got to his car, and it was a blue Charger. I said, “Your car is tough!”

He chuckled and said, “Thanks, Jimmy.”

Lark drove us to a little hamburger shack across the road from the Comic bookshop and got us both a burger and a shake.

After we ate, Lark said, “I don’t mean to bring up bad memories, but I know what Gaddis and Rainer did to you and your friends.”

“It seems like everybody knows,” I replied, exasperated.

Lark said, “Easy, Jimmy. I know people are giving you trouble over it. Even other cops think Gaddis is an asshole, and Rainer cheats on his wife. They’re both hypocritical assholes and should have never done it.”

All I could think of to say was, “Thanks. A few people have told me that. It’s not easy to live with.”

Lark said, “Can I trust you with a secret? If I can, I might be able to help you.”

Intrigued, I replied, “Everybody knows my worst secret. I know what betrayal feels like and would never do it.”

He pulled a badge out of his pocket and said, “I’m an undercover cop. If any city cops or Sheriff’s deputies give you any trouble, tell them you work for me.”

I thought about it and asked, “What does that mean?”

Lark said, “Cops talk to people to find out what’s happening. So, if you hear of anybody planning a bank robbery, you’ll let me know.”

“I can do that,” I replied, laughing. “All my friends are kids, so I doubt I will hear about anything like that.”

Lark said, “I know your friends Nate and Doug. I try to look out for them, too. Look, I know you guys smoke a little weed. So did I when I was your age. An asshole like Gaddis would give you hell over it, but I understand it’s no big deal.”

Nervous again, “I won’t have to burn my friends?”

"You won’t have to burn anybody. I just want to help. I could have a word with kids who are too old to push you around, flash a badge, and tell them it would be a good idea to leave you alone. You seem quite capable of handling kids your own age. I sometimes hear about jobs you could do to earn some cash. You can’t tell anybody other than cops, OK?”

“That’s cool. To tell the truth, there’s an adult I’m worried about, I had a scary run-in with a while back.”

“What’s his name?”

I said, “I only know him as Pete. He drives an old blue Chevy truck with a sign on the back that says Triple-A Plumbing, and he’s always got a knife. I don’t know. I probably said the wrong thing or something. He scared me.”

Lark thought briefly and said, “That sounds like Pete Ainsworth. He’s a big ugly mutt, and scares everybody. Don’t worry about him anymore.”

I laughed, feeling elated. Getting Pete off my back would be huge, and having a cop in my corner was incalculably valuable.

Lark saw I was pleased. He put his hand on my shoulder and said, “Are you feeling better, Jimmy?”

“Yeah! It feels good to have an adult on my side. Many of them look at me like I stink or something.”

Lark said gently, “It’s difficult to look at you and remember you’re just thirteen. If I didn’t know better, I'd guess fifteen or sixteen, but I can tell by your eyes. It’s hard to be bigger on the outside than you are on the inside. I was the same way as a kid.”

I was elated, finally to meet an adult who understood me!

Lark dropped me off at my house and gave me a number to reach him. He hugged me before I got out of the car.

He had me, hook, line, and sinker.

This is just a snip. The Callahan boys were safe. Well... sort of safe. As long as we could keep our clothes on in public.

And Lark, you'll just have to see.