Completion(ist) Is Going Crazy

Hello All, 

In the Forum Dude's Desk, is a sub forum that is private, I believe it was used as a place to discuss the transition of the site. 

I play video games, and I like to fully complete the game with a 100%. Having a notification of an unread topic in that forum is driving me crazy. Is there anyway I can mark it read, or have it blocked so I can't see there is something I haven't been able to complete on the site?

I doesn't mean anything to anyone else I'm guessing, but not having Awesome Dude 100% complete is making me loose sleep. I'm only half joking.

Thanks for any help, and if it is a pain in the back door place, ignore this message and most importantly me.  Thank you!

Jason 

You're correct about the origin and purpose of the private subforum.

The controls and settings for this forum software platform are often as mystifying as the most cunning video games, so I'm not sure if there is a way to disable the "unread post" notifications for the private subforum.  I'll take a look, but I am doubtful.

Meanwhile, when you go the the Dude's Desk forum, there is a link in the bar above the visible posts that says "mark forum as read."  Does clicking this affect the notifications from the private subforum?

There is a possibility that we could detach the private subforum from Dude's Desk and turn it into its own forum, while making it invisible to the rest of the world.  I'm not super confident about this, but again I will take a look.  

Otherwise you may just have to live with the notifications.  Sorry.

R

UPDATE:  I made a setting change that may fix your issue.  I just hope it didn't break something else.  

R

23 minutes ago, Rutabaga said:

Meanwhile, when you go the the Dude's Desk forum, there is a link in the bar above the visible posts that says "mark forum as read."  Does clicking this affect the notifications from the private subforum?

Otherwise you may just have to live with the notifications.  Sorry.

R

UPDATE:  I made a setting change that may fix your issue.  I just hope it didn't break something else.  

R

I did try the mark forum as read...didn't work. 

If I have to live with it then so be it. I'll just be over here in the corner rocking myself to sleep while crying!!!

Thank you for trying. 

J

7 hours ago, TalonRider said:

Have you tried clicking on the text bubbles on the home page? When you click on it, it should mark the forum as read.

It might have taken me a good hour to find these text bubbles you spoke of, but damn did it work! Thank you so much for that bit of information. 

J