Black is not black and white is not white

vwl

That is seriously weird! Are you sure it's a university... European seminaries are less uptight than that. Come over here guys, I'm pretty sure we are cheaper as well as sex being more or less compulsory with extra credits for being gay. No, seriously, UK universities were like that until WW2. After the war returning officers told the universities to stuff their rules. It's the students who sign up for Liberty that make Liberty possible.

That is seriously weird! Are you sure it's a university... European seminaries are less uptight than that. Come over here guys, I'm pretty sure we are cheaper as well as sex being more or less compulsory with extra credits for being gay. No, seriously, UK universities were like that until WW2. After the war returning officers told the universities to stuff their rules. It's the students who sign up for Liberty that make Liberty possible.

There is a great difference between the European post-high-school education system and that of Europe. The U.S. has state-sponsored institutions that are like the European counterparts, but there are hundreds, perhaps thousands, of independent schools, many of the sponsored by churches. Liberty university is just such an independent school. What I found surprising about the article is that, despite the social-conservative self-selection of students, there is apparently there a tolerance for diversity. The Live and Let Live philosophy runs deep in American roots since many of the groups that emigrated here did so to escape European repression. In many cases, there was little affinity among the immigrant groups -- the Quakers, the Amish, the Puritans, etc. -- but there was a tolerance to let each live their own lives. For many sects, there is intolerance within the sect; for others, live and let live.

Too, Liberty was founded by Jerry Falwell, about as homophobic an asshole as there ever was. The school was very conservative, fundamentalist and, I thought, intolerant, much more than many religious-based schools. That's what I found shocking here, that many of the faulty seemed more open to discussing and not condeming a students gay sexuality.

C